• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear steer ????????

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so id like to do rear steer on my ranger but i cant seem to find anything that would show me how to even start any advice would help thanks

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Basically, get a Dana 44, doesn't matter if its ford, chevy, or dodge, measure from the wheel mounting surface to where you will cut the inner C's off. Measure from your rear axle wheel mounting surface the same distance and mark a line. This is where the inside of the inner C should be, if you cut the 44 at the inner C weld. Remove the tube that's inside the inner C you cut from the donor axle, and measure how far the tube went into the C, and measure that distance from your mark to the wheel mounting surface (should be about 1.5"). This will be where you cut your axle tube. Install the inner C lining up your first mark with the inside of the inner C. Take the long side axle shaft and install it into each side of your axle. Making sure the axleshafts is engaged into the spider gears (they are not the same spline, but I will get to that in a minute, if you have the 28 spline axle, you will slide the shaft in as far as it will go, then measure the thickness of the spider gear and add that to it), measure the difference of the length. Each side will have a different measurement. Take these measurements and contact an axle company (moser, Dutchman, etc) and tell them you need an axleshaft with these measurements, with 28/31 spline ends (whichever you have). Caster angle is not as important when its the rear axle, so you can set it at zero. Once the shafts come in, you can install the rest. If you have the 28 spline shafts, you can save a little coin and have the long shaft cut and resplined...

SVT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that helps a lot thank you now is there gonna be any problems if i want to run a locker ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals