• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear Passenger Side Cab Mount

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Mine is pootched ... I priced one out from a dealer 200 bucks just for the bracket its self. Anyone change theres before if so how long and say difficult was it, I have access to my auto shop every day at school for about 2 hours.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ya, the mounts are stupid expensive, i replaced all 4 with oem parts. NOTHING was easy about it, i needed my impact gun to hammer the bolts out, and they put the gun on its knees, and its got 700lbft or breaking force. after that i had to burn the mounts apart with the torch. I had acess to all the tools at the shop i work at, and it was still a pita Dont give in tho, get in there and show them mounts whose boss.

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Ight thanks man, The schools shop has all the tools ill need, just about finished my motor swap in it. I thought id get the bracket and fix that problem next, maybe while its off throw in a 3 inch body lift but id have to run that through the teacher the trucks been in there for over a month and hes probably sick of seeing it. ahahah, That cab mount looks really bad with it pretty much collapsed and my truck sitting a little twisted.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya, take the bolts out if ya can, if not, there cheep, like 2 bucks or somthing, watch it tho, the dealership i delt with had one bin location number for both the front and rear rubber parts, it took a month and three dealerships befor i got al lthe parts. Juss support the cab, take the weight off the mount and burn that puppy out with a torch, have an eye out for anything that shouldnt be on fire tho, like fuel lines, break lines that stuff

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Sweet deal, got the parts on order not sure of exact price yet but hopefully less then 250. Thanks for the info guys :icon_thumby:

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Holy smokes thats a good deal. Dealers rip you off soooo much, probably best to cancel the order and get those wouldn't it? I think so... They look to be good and strong.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
crap. A guy in Cleveland first starting making those mounts..he was selling them for half the price..but I haven't seen him list any in a while. And he included the bushing too.

Last edited:

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
You guys are spending way too much money on this.

I bought myself a piece of 1/4" x 6" x several feet long steel. I cut it up and welded up a new bracket. It cost about 15 bucks worth of steel and will take 300+ years to rust through the primed and painted 1/4" steel.

To get the old ones off, I didn't even bother with the bolts and/or rivets. Just get out the grinder, sawzall, hammer, torch, splitting maul, etc, and beat those suckers off. It took me about 4 hours to fabricate the new bracket, get the old one off, and install the new one. I just reused the old bushing (took some sawzalling to get it apart) and I installed a new grade 8 bolt.

Now the cab is solid as anything.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals