• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear Glass slider replacement

Kirby N.

Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I busted out the slider window. A 2x6 made contact. I did the same on another ranger (only it was an atv in the bed with a winch that busted it) and it had dual sliders. I was able to pull back the rubber seal around the edge of the window and unscrew the track and put two new sliders in.

However, this one was different. It's one window. And it is bolted in- not put in with just a rubber seal. I think it is a better design really. It deals up better.
]

So I called around and every glass place said I had to replace the whole thing for $300!! Even though I just needed a slider. I even checked everywhere on the interwebs and all I could figure out was that I needed to buy the whole new back window.

So I went to the junk yard and the only one piece slider I could find was a 2003 (mines a 1991 but it measured the same) or something ranger. So I pulled the whole window. One side was broke, so I cut the divider and bent the frame until the slider came out.

When I got home, I pulled out the plastic guides on top and bottom. You can see the bottom guide here:

]

I am removing the bottom guide with my grubby hands here

I removed this guide on top and bottom. This allowed the window to slide in further on top, then the bottom had enough clearance to slide in. Easy. Then I held the slider up and slid in the bottom plastic guide. Then held the window down and slid in the top guide. $20 junk yard slider saved me $300.

Looks good!

]

I hope that helps someone. I almost shelled out $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Looks sweet! I'm in the middle of this process myself. Where did you get the window gasket? thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals