• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear Door Speakers

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, I've been looking at that Basslink too, it's pretty slick. I really hope you can resovle this. I've been thinking, do when you pulled of the panel did any snaps (those little christmass tree pins) break or strip? For the couple bucks at your nearest NAPA it might be worth while just to replace them all, technically there are single use. Just a thought.
I didn't break any of them. A few were pretty mangled, and I did replace those. The rest of them were okay. The door panel appears to fit tight all over. :icon_confused:

I love the Basslink! I think you would, too. I have finished it up, gathered up all the pics, and I'm going to post my setup.

plumber1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
pics please i wanna see this setup fixing do 2 10s or 12s in mine:icon_hornsup:

shaka.brah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
WARNING!!

The Ranger is a PIECE OF SHIT!!!! Don't change out your rear door speakers unless you want bullshit rattles even at volume 2!!! Or turn your bass all the way down so they sound like garbage...eliminating the whole point of "upgrading" you speakers! Once you pull off those door panels IT IS ALL OVER!!!!!!

What a total waste of money! I AM F***ING FURIOUS!!!!
I plastered the doors with Dynamat, sprayed expanding foam into every nook and cranny I could, replaced some of the POS door clips that were chewed up, and made sure that ALL of them were secured when I reinstalled the panel. And guess what? It sounds like COMPLETE SHIT! Now I'm screwed, because even if I put the stock speakers back in, they're going to sound like shit, too. Maybe even WORSE since I would have to pull the doors apart AGAIN!

I got an Infinity Basslink, haven't been able to hook it up because Crutchfield forgot to send me my wiring kit. So I know I could install the sub and turn the bass down on the speakers, but that's BULLSHIT, too. I should not have to adjust my stereo simply to compensate for BS rattles. The rattling should not be there. This is a crock of crap and a total joke.
Did I mention I'm F-ing FURIOUS?

I like you found out the hard way. I had put a couple of mid-bass speakers in there too and it sounded really, really bad.

So I ended up ditching the idea of having any speakers in there, or at least ones that work anyways.

Put in a set of high quality speakers (alpine, MB quartz, etc, etc, etc...) in the front doors and get yourself an enclosure with a sub. You'll be much happier, trust me. I put in alpine coaxil in the front doors and a 8" JL sub behind the seat with a 500W amp. It works and sounds like champ...

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I like you found out the hard way. I had put a couple of mid-bass speakers in there too and it sounded really, really bad.

So I ended up ditching the idea of having any speakers in there, or at least ones that work anyways.

Put in a set of high quality speakers (alpine, MB quartz, etc, etc, etc...) in the front doors and get yourself an enclosure with a sub. You'll be much happier, trust me. I put in alpine coaxil in the front doors and a 8" JL sub behind the seat with a 500W amp. It works and sounds like champ...
It had been suggested to me before to skip the rear speakers. I didn't think I was going to have a problem, though.
I'm curious to see what kind of results someone else would get with the same Pioneers I have. When I turn my HU's high pass filter off, set the bass on the parametric EQ to 50hz and turn the bass all the way up, the bass from the 6x8's sounds identical to the bass from the Basslink - they're that good. These speakers really have to be heard to be believed. If you got in the truck with your eyes closed you would swear there was a sub pounding. So I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just having bad luck, or if other people have speakers that just can't match the bass these Pioneers put out.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i put 6x9 in the back of my ranger and its held in with one screw and it doesnt make any rattles.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ha turn your bass up and i bet it rattles
nope doesnt do anything but sound soooooooooooooooooo clean and hit hard

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol wish i could

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
use wood screws

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes you may be able to get the speaker tighter to the panel and eliminate the speaker buzzing. its an idea.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i was going to mention that I thought maybe I had the screws too tight, though. I cranked then down as hard as I could, and I was wondering if that could be contributing to the problem. Anytime I have swapped speakers before, I use the original screws that were holding the stock speakers in, not the supplied screws. The screws holding the stock speakers in place were not tight at all when I originally removed them. I really doon't think this is the case, but I have been wondering if tightening them down so hard kind of canceled out the benefits of the Dynamat.

I'm almost willing to buy one of you guys the same set of speakers to see what would happen in someone elses truck. If I knew someone else had the same speakers and didn't have any problems, I'd be really eager to tear the doors apart again, because that way I'd know for sure that it would be fixable.
I refused to accept this at first, but now I might be giving in to the fact that they might just be too much speaker for the truck to handle back there. Like I think I mentioned before, when I have the bass on these things cranked all the way up, I literally cannot tell the difference between the bass of these speakers and the bass from the Basslink cranked up full blast. I'm not trying to say my speakers are better than anyone elses, but I never would have imagined a 6x8 could possibly thump so unbelievably deep and hard. I can isolate the music to just ONE of these four Pioneers (front or back) with the balance/fader, and the bass vibrates my f-ing TAILGATE! I don't see how that's even possible, since the cab and box don't touch, and are only connected via the steel frame.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals