• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear buckets in a BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone ever put bucket seats in the rear of a Bronco II? I've seen it done on a 1st Gen explorer on another forum, but I can't recall ever seeing it on a BII.

I'm sure it's possible, with some flat bar and welding, I'm just curious to see if anyone has done it yet. I'd like to do it with my B2 project, because I have two young boys that I'd like to have ride with me, but I'd also eventually like to chop the top and add a roll cage. With no roof, I see two racing seats as the best option or weather resistance, and be able to have good seat belts to keep them in the seats since the back has no shoulder belts. The youngest one still fits in a seat with a harness, and the oldest can ride in the front, so I'm good for now, but in a few years, things will be different once the youngest hits a growth spurt.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Put in, no, have had, yes.

I tried putting rear buckets in (from Aerostar, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, etc.), they just did not fit correctly, too cramped, so, I went back to a bench seat, I tried various bench seats too. I posted pictures elsewhere of my most recent install. I wanted shoulder harnesses too. The seats are installed on 3" structural channels and bolted with grade 5 bolts and grade 8 on the floor with plates and washers. On some bolts I used the factory holes, on others I drilled.

Attachments

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Put in, no, have had, yes.

I tried putting rear buckets in (from Aerostar, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, etc.), they just did not fit correctly, too cramped, so, I went back to a bench seat, I tried various bench seats too. I posted pictures elsewhere of my most recent install. I wanted shoulder harnesses too. The seats are installed on 3" structural channels and bolted with grade 5 bolts and grade 8 on the floor with plates and washers. On some bolts I used the factory holes, on others I drilled.
Just Googled that seat....the company no longer exists. Most sources saying the seats sold were never properly certified.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Corbeau make some rear bench seats ranging from 36 inches wide to 42 inches wide. Not exactly what you're looking for... but it is an option.

I have a grandchild on the way and had full plans to make my Bronco II a two seater. Grandbabies have me rethinking...

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
> Most sources saying the seats sold were never properly certified.

Too bad the company not longer exists, it is a nicely made seat. SCORE, I own a rare piece of collectible automotive history ! 🙃

I could go into about how many companies throw a "DOT" declaration of some sort on their product, but, it only refers to the web material itself for the seat belt, that the web OEM declared itself that it was DOT "spec".

Ask one of those sources what a properly certified seat is, what it covers, and who certifies it, and give an example of a seat that meets that criteria that is currently being sold, I mean they must know since they said it :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals