2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Not in any rush, but would like to buy a rear axle cover for a standard 2009 Ranger 7.5 / 10 bolt cover WITH a drain and fill plug.
Planning ahead for winter projects.
Dosen't have to be one of the super duper covers, just a nice clean one. Probably would be aluminum as I haven't seen any aftermarket steel.
If you happen to see one in a JY, or have an old one that can be cleaned up, let me know.

Last edited:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 4FF3E9EEA14805 Expires: October 1st, 2020

TurboRay

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Make / Model
'87 Ranger
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo ~ Bob's Log, 3" exh, Boport, FMIC, PiMP, C4 & 8.8
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Slight drop + SOON electric strg & gasser-style tube frt axle
Tire Size
Big / Little
(It) doesn't have to be one of the super duper covers.......
The only 7.5 diff covers that I'm aware of with fill and drain plugs ARE the "super duper" (girdle-style) covers, Grumpaw. .

But.......if you don't need the added strength of a girdle-cover, I'm sure you don't need to be told that there's already a fill hole at the front of the pumpkin casting AND that it wouldn't be very difficult to drill and tap the bottom of said casting for, say, a 1/4 - 3/8 pipe plug. .

Last edited:

Grumpaw

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
The only 7.5 diff covers that I'm aware of with fill and drain plugs ARE the "super duper" (girdle-style) covers, Grumpaw. .

But.......if you don't need the added strength of a girdle-cover, I'm sure you don't need to be told that there's already a fill hole at the front of the pumpkin casting AND that it wouldn't be very difficult to drill and tap the bottom of said casting for, say, a 1/4 - 3/8 pipe plug. .
Yup, familiar with the pumpkin filler, and did think about adding a plug.
Just looking for a used one for now...have several things/plans for winter in the garage and thought about this.
Yup, most all the aftermarket are girdle style, but some are more "stout" than others.