• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Really helped my computer

93STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

bergz0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
leveling kit
Tire Size
31x10.50x15
did this really help dude? or u just messing around?

93STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
No dude it helped, a lot. I wouldn't be a smart ass about it and say it worked if it didn't. Mine was in pretty bad shape and it cleaned a ton of stuff on it. Waaay faster now.

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual
I use it too, it really does do a good job. The registry cleaner will speed up your computer quite, just make sure you back it up first.

93STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
See... I also recommend the smart defrag, it picked up alllllllll kinds of stuff my regular defrag didn't pick up.

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
A de-frag is a de-frag....it has nothing to do with the program. Its got everything to do with the harddrive itself and the magnetic fields it uses for data storage.

Over time, a user adds/deletes files to and from the harddrive, which creates small empty places in the various "sectors". Sometimes these sectors are too small to fit a whole file, so it breaks the file into pieces, stores one part in the small sector and moves the rest of it to a different location.

All a defrag does is locate these "broken" files, catalogs them, and reorganizes the entire file organization of the harddrive to "fix" the broken files and put the pieces into physically adjoining sectors.

EDIT: Not trying to piss on your parade, just trying to make sure you understand what a defrag is. There is no wrong way to defrag a harddrive (short of keeping broken files..well...broken). Another fact you should know, a Defrag will not make a computer more responsive. About the only thing the End User will notice is a faster load time for larger programs due to less "seek" time on the HDD's part.

Last edited:

93STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not going to act like I know a lot about it, you apparently know way more about computers than I do so I'll in no way argue that. But, all I said and what I do know, is that the defrag that I downloaded picked up WAY more fragments than my regular defrag.

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
A+ and Net+ certified technician when I graduated high school, studied a fair bit and used to work in the IT field for a short time....though I admit I'm not 100% up-to-date on the newer hardware.

The only defrag I really trust is the one that comes pre-loaded with Windows. But thats just me. There really isn't a difference between one defrag program and the next... they're all the same, all operating in very similar fashions. There is no possible way that any defrag program can "miss" a fragmented file...its unheard of to be honest. As long as all files are contiguous, the drive is defragmented. Its also impossible to miss a non-contiguous file, due to the way a harddrive works.

I dunno what that program is telling you, but my bs sniffer is sniffin some pretty hefty piles.

I'm sure the program is working as advertised and intended, but its highly unlikely that it is more efficient than any other defragmenter.

Again, not trying to diss you or the program. Just wanting to help you understand some things.

(keep in mind though, this is not like mechanics...the same rule does not apply to everything. For instance, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs can vary significantly in useability, efficiency, and overall thoroughness. However, this rule does not apply to defragmenters.)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals