• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Really hating my B2 right now. no start help...

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
my bronco was about to hit a milestone today. it is about 50 kilometers off the 100,000 kilometer mark. aprox 62000 miles. I just started it and it died. not getting any fuel one of the pumps must have failed or or a fuse blew. it runs if i put fuel in the intake but thats it. so my question is how do i know what fuel pump went out and where is the fuse for the fuel pump? its a 87 2.9L

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Did you try the inertia switch it is under the carpet on the passenger floorboard. Press the reset or jumper the wires to see if the fuel pumps work. There is also the fuel pump relay I believe the only fuse is a fusable link check the relay and inertia switch first. Then get back here if it works or dont also check the grounds to the fuel pumps. You should hear the pumps for a couple seconds when you turn the ignition on.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
There is a blue fusable link going to the relay if you have power to the yellow wire the fuse is good.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you try the inertia switch it is under the carpet on the passenger floorboard. Press the reset or jumper the wires to see if the fuel pumps work. There is also the fuel pump relay I believe the only fuse is a fusable link check the relay and inertia switch first. Then get back here if it works or dont also check the grounds to the fuel pumps. You should hear the pumps for a couple seconds when you turn the ignition on.
Also check the connection. It came unplugged once in the old family conestoga once ('94 Explorer) and left us stranded.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
man i cant believe i forgot about the inertia switch any idea why it went off? anyways thanks for the quick response it runs again.!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals