• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RE: Total lack of customer support.

tinman_72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Factory
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
255/60R15
My credo
RoHS compliant
Since I cannot add to the other thread I am creating another. (Link here)

Address on file had two numbers transposed. My fault. Here is what happened: (Personal information changed for obvious reasons.)

Driver calls me on the morning of delivery. "I cannot find 1234 Anystreet."
I respond, "Oh, it is 1324 Anystreet."
The last I hear from him is "Ok, see you soon."
The FedEx tracking page shows it was delivered. It was not delivered to 1324 Anystreet.
The next day, I tried to contact RockAuto but all they have is a order status/returns page. So I chose "I did not receive my package." from the drop down list of issues. I answered the questions including, "Is 1234 Anystreet the correct address?" I answered "No." and gave the correct address. At which point I am told I will have to contact the shipper or wait for it to be returned to sender, even though I know that the correct address was given to the driver.
So today I contacted FedEx through their website chat. It went something like this:

Paul: Hello, Derek. Thank you for visiting fedex.com. I will be happy to assist you.
You: Hi Paul. I did not receive my package.
Paul: I hope everything is going well with you. Thank you for choosing to chat with FedEx.com. Please to meet you online.
I deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you. I assure you that I will do my best to help you resolve this issue today and check what happened with this delivery.
May I have the tracking number? Thank you!
You: 123456789012 according to your website it was delivered Sun. but I never saw it.
Paul: Thank you for that information.
Can I have your complete delivery address for me to check if it will match on my end? Thanks!
You: 1324 Anystreet, Anytown, GA, 12345. The address on the package had 1234 but the driver called me Sun morning and I gave him correct address.
Paul: I am sorry but based on the proof of delivery, the shipment was delivered to an address that is different from what you provided.
I regret to inform you that your shipper placed a different address on the label. Please be informed that FedEx only delivers to the address on the label.
Since we delivered it in good faith on the address indicated on the label, I advise that you contact your shipper to verify the delivery address they indicated on the shipping label and make arrangements with regard on how your package can be reshipped to the correct delivery address.
Please be advised that only the shipper is authorized to request to have the package picked up from the address where it was delivered to.
You: No. The driver called me and said he could not find 1234. I told him it is 1324. He said "Ok, I will be there soon." There is no 1234.
I tried to contact the shipper and was told that I had to contact the shipping company.
Paul: I see, Derek. How about providing our chat transcript to the shipper so they will be aware that they need to contact us for the resolution of the shipment issue.
You: I cannot contact them. Rockauto only has a order status/return webpage. I attempted to use it but since the address is wrong they told me I have to go through the shipper. They have NO contact information whatsoever on any part of their website.
<Very long pause>
Paul: I do apologize for the inconvenience.
You: ??
I realize it is not your fault. It is just that this is the only course of action I can take.
Paul: Since the package was misdelivered, it is either you follow my suggestion for faster resolution, Derek or it will stay on where it was delivered, Derek. As recipient, there are some information that you cannot verify and only the shipper can answer.
I do apologize, I do not mean to be rude but for you to receive your package as soon as possible, I highly suggest that you follow the suggestion I am suggesting for now. I hope you understand.
You: You will have to give some kind of contact information for RockAuto since they have an account with you. I have no way of contacting them.
Or maybe you can contact them on my behalf.
Paul: Let me send a message to the facility regarding this one, thank you for your kind understanding, Derek.
You: Thank you.

And that is where it ended. RockAuto says I have to contact the shipper (which I did) and the shipper says I have to contact the shipper. But as we now know there is no way to contact RockAuto.

At this point I give Rockauto zero out of five stars.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I had an issue a while back. I seem to remember I finally found a phone number for Rock Auto. Or maybe that was the time I got creative with how I answered their questions and “fooled” the system into doing what I needed. I know I eventually got a new product shipped.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
RockAuto, LLC Corporate Headquarters
6418 Normandy Lane
Suite 100
Madison, WI 53719
1-608-661-1376

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I hope you can get this resolved. I had an issue where FedEx’s sorting system trashed the tube that holds the torsion bar for the right side and it and the retaining caps were lost. It took a bit of time talking back and forth between Ford Parts and Shults Ford before it got resolved after a couple of weeks of staying on top of it and not letting the issue rest.

Just remember to be polite but firm. If you get angry and yell, any extra help beyond what they are required to do might evaporate away.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Just remember to be polite but firm. If you get angry and yell, any extra help beyond what they are required to do might evaporate away.
That's the best advice.

Yesterday, I needed to buy an engine hoist. I didn't see any worthwhile deals on Craigslist. So I went to Northern Tool. Out of 2 stores, they only had one in stock. It was the display model and they didn't want to sell. I couldn't wait to order because I will need it when I get back from Ohio Sunday afternoon so I can unload Racsan's motor. So I gave them my sob story and reminded them that;
1. They had the product I needed on the floor
2. I had cash in my pocket.
3. The whole purpose of the store and their jobs is to sell the stuff in the store.
4. Did they really want to send a paying customer to Harbor Freight to buy THEIR crap? (at same price but not including the load leveler)
The whole story is much longer. But I came home with the display model for the web price.

Happy me.

Disclaimer; No tempers were lost during the transaction.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I have ordered from RockAuto probably close to 100 or more times over the years. Bad experiences were probably limited to maybe a very small percentage of those orders - parts that don't fit, the wrong part in general, or one that was used and put back in the box (probably a store return.) They have always made it right. I have certain frustrations with their business but I'd rate them pretty highly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals