• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RBV-46 Dodge

T Hilde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Did some more work on the Dodge yesterday. Noticed the hood line looked off on the cowl and made some 1/2" spacers for under the cab. Straightened the rocker panel under the passenger door. Cut the slots in the running board brackets and test the boards to the truck. Now to decide on welding or bolting them on.

Found out that a 52 dodge box will be a better fit on here. Now to find one at a reasonable price.

T Hilde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Was going to finish the running boards today. Noticed the hood didn't fit right up front after shimming the cab. Also saw the radiator touching the steering gear :confused: Took out the step brackets and installed 5/16" cage nuts. This way I can move them forward a half inch. Drained and pulled the radiator, then went to dad's to help him on his tractor. Got back 3 hours later to find a slow drip that I had a quart can down to catch, was about 2 quarts :mad: Got the inside of the nose notched and the radiator support by the steering gear (dad's fighting tractor followed me home, bad JuJu). Finally have everything back together good clearance and the hood fits better. :) I was a filthy, dirty, sweaty mess. :eek: Maybe tomorrow the running boards will be bolted to the frame.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I love the creativity! Hope this project gains some steam. This truck needs to cruise the streets.:icon_thumby:

T Hilde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Finally got the running boards finished. Bolted the brackets to the frame. Lots of cussing.

Installed the drop down battery box. Needed to file the edges when it cut my thumb.

Made a bracket to mount a parking brake lever to the transmission.

Vacation is over, time to go back to work. :(

T Hilde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Nothing like playing with your wood to make you forget a bad day at work. :rolleyes: I picked up some 3/4" plywood so I would have extra support under the metal floor I made. Even though I missed a little on the center stick, I may forget about the metal piece. Some fiddly fitting and I can get the holes drilled for the 1/4" hold down screws.

Seeing the floor on the '32 when I was there got me thinking.

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Awesome build so far. Love the fabrication and adapting. Looking forward to seeing more progress. :popcorn:

T Hilde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Got the fit and finish on the wood floor board done. Got the wife into the shop to turn the wheel on the bead roller to get the toe board done.

Found some scrap steel at the recycling yard that fits the peak on the nose. Made a little jig to help make the cuts.

Took some scrap channel iron to make the mounting brackets.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I like your build. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals