• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger xl leveling question

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2003 ranger xl, 2wd, 2.3l, basically your napa delivery model. I'm looking for a way to level it. It has coil springs, not torsion bars. What's the best way to level it? Coils spacers? And how much lift is safe before I need to modify other suspension components?

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
You're looking to bring the front up? Not the rear down? If you were to bring the rear down, just flip the axle. I'd put new springs in to bring the front up tho..

'99 EB Explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I had a '93 xl back in the day. Leveled it off by dropping it 2" up front and 4" in the rear. Worked awesome! Cost $1000 for 4 springs and 4 shocks.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
You guys are forgetting its a newer Ranger. The 98+ Rangers are not cheap or easy to level.

I looked into it once upon a time with my Ranger. While there were at one time coils and spacers, they're both discontinued items the last I heard. The twin A-arm front suspension with coils is a PITA to lift at all. You might be able to find some lift spindles to replace the stock spindles, but that requires knocking out the ball joints and getting the front end aligned when you're done.

Fabtech at one time made a 2.5" A-arm and coil spring lift, a 3" spindle lift, and a 6" ultimate lift for 98+ 2wd coil sprung Rangers. Last I heard it was discontinued but I haven't checked on it. All I remember was that it was expensive (the 2.5" kit was over a grand).

I ended up eventually custom building a rear leaf pack - which only made things worse (raked the truck nicely though). Stuck some 235/75/15 tires on it which seemed to make it look better too. The only time it sat level after that was with 1,000 lbs or better in the bed, lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals