• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RANGER STACKS... Fabbing up big tips. Post your pics!

RoachedRacing113

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
First things first, if your just going to hate on stack tips, then go somewhere else.:thefinger:

That out of the way, I am fabricating my own set of "aussie" style stacks out of 5" mild steel tubing this week, and I figured I'd post some pictures of how I'm doing that for all of yall that like doing things on the cheap, or bed stacks for that matter.:icon_thumby:

So my plan is to take 2 chunks of 36" long mild steel 5" in diameter, and cut out some wedges towards the top, bend the bit left on the pipe, gap what's left with the trusty ole MIG, and go at it with an angle grinder, and a flap wheel untill It makes one more or less continuous bend.:icon_welder: Then mitre off the end parallel to the base of the pipe. finally, I'll polish the whole tube, and seal it with clear header paint (poor boy chrome)... Based on what I've done in the past with dirtbike pipes (big 2 smoke fan), I should be able to get a decent finish on it.... Rinse and repeat for side 2.

My budget on this project is $100, but I'm hoping for no more than $50. Thats including weld wire, metal, clamps, and paint. So stick around, and see how it turns out!

Oh, and if anybody's got any stacked ranger pics, here's the place to post em! :headbang:

-Roached

Bennpapa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Me and a buddy put a single stack on an old Nissan truck one time. It looked pretty sweet but he did take it off because he liked riding with the window down ( no AC) and it made it really loud from the driver seat since the stack came up on the driver side and was level with the cab.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.127998,-91.958359

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Last edited:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Thats going to be really awesome! You should put lots of marker lights all around and truck nutz off the back bumper too.

jhammel85

I'm curious but yeah..Not a fan either. I don't think you are going to find too many on here.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you mean like this?

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is a pic somewhere on here of that one kids 4cyl where he did it off the side with 4" exhaust pipe. It was a blue 2wd. Stacks are terrible, in my opinion... idc if its on a full size diesel, it looks terrible. Cumminsranger is one of the nicest ones I've seen, and at least Im guessing its a diesel. But on a small gas truck, it makes me want to vomit a little. Even on fullsize trucks it mostly guys with some sort or "little man syndrome" or a slight case of retardation.

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
There is a pic somewhere on here of that one kids 4cyl where he did it off the side with 4" exhaust pipe. It was a blue 2wd. Stacks are terrible, in my opinion... idc if its on a full size diesel, it looks terrible. Cumminsranger is one of the nicest ones I've seen, and at least Im guessing its a diesel. But on a small gas truck, it makes me want to vomit a little. Even on fullsize trucks it mostly guys with some sort or "little man syndrome" or a slight case of retardation.
You're not the only one. I think stacks look dumb on any truck, diesel or gas. Even Cummins Ranger's truck looks stupid as hell with the exhaust cut through the bed.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cumminsranger is one of the nicest ones I've seen, and at least Im guessing its a diesel.
you are correct

You're not the only one. I think stacks look dumb on any truck, diesel or gas. Even Cummins Ranger's truck looks stupid as hell with the exhaust cut through the bed.
and yeah people either love it or hate it, havent really had any inbetween opinions. its currently off, but after the SAS is done it may go back on due to lack of room with the new tcase underneath

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Amen! There was a kid rolling around in a Jeep Wrangler with stacks on it, he thought it was real cool. :icon_rofl:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Everything looks better with stacks. :tease:

:stirthepot:

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
^ Ohh, that just ain't right.
I have a buddy that is thinking about using a pair of 5"-6" semi stacks as either stacks or side pipes on his Dodge gasser dually. I'm trying to talk him out of it, but I don't know if it's gonna work.

02 ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2008
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l, 6.4l
Transmission
Automatic
:thefinger:wow! and i thought stacks on dodges looked like crap.. don't put stacks on anything that doesn't require them. save your self the embarrassment

19bonestock88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Plane travel? I'll do my flying on the ground, thanks!
i like that bronco, except for the stacks...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i could almost swear that is local to me...or he has a twin....it looks horrible!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals