• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger lean

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
Good evening all, had a question about the ranger lean. I wanted to lower my truck 4/5 but my truck leans to one side very badly. The fender gap difference from left to right is 1 1/4 inches, put some value below…

Driver Front: 1 1/2”
Driver Rear: 2 1/2”
Passenger Front: 2 3/4”
Passenger Rear: 3 3/4”

my truck is already lowered 2/3, but should I address the lean before moving forward or ignore it? I already know why the lean is happening. Y’all think a 1.25 inch coil spacer would solve it at least in the front?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Apparently you think the coil springs up front are the problem?

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
Well, people are saying all rangers kinda lean because battery, driver, and gas tank are on one side
Apparently you think the coil springs up front are the problem?

Isk Stark

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
5"
Tire Size
I have a 5/3 drop using Belltech 3" springs and DJM lower arm, and DJM flip kit. Mine had a noticeable lean when I first did it, but now after a year, the height difference is barely noticeable. I think there's a 3/4" difference between left and right. I was also thinking about relocating the battery to the right, front corner of the bed.

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
I have a 5/3 drop using Belltech 3" springs and DJM lower arm, and DJM flip kit. Mine had a noticeable lean when I first did it, but now after a year, the height difference is barely noticeable. I think there's a 3/4" difference between left and right. I was also thinking about relocating the battery to the right, front corner of the bed.
I thought I would revisit this thread now that I did the 4/5 DJM kit for anyone looking for info. The difference from left to right went down to 3/4" which is so much better and less noticeable. I am still debating trying to reduce it by cutting 1/2" off the passenger coil spring and using blocks in the rear, but I don't notice it that much so it doesn't bother me much anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals