• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

?Ranger fleets who take off boxes?

Ferris Bueller

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know which companies that bought fleets of Rangers took off the new boxes and sold them? A co-worker backed into my 09 Ranger white longbeds box and dented it well. One estimate I got was $1950. The other was $1200 and higher if they can't pull out the dent.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
By box I assume you mean the bed?

Do you know who did it or did they acknowledge doing it? If so, why is their insurance not paying?

If they are not accepting responsibility, back into their car and call it even.

I cant think of any fleets that would remove the bed and replace it with something else. Most just add either a tonneau cover or camper shell. At most I have seen them just remove the tailgate.

Try Craigslist in your area or have your bed repaired

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Check a scrape yard. See what they got. Google it and see what you come up with.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
usually, its the full size trucks that have there beds removed for a utility box. you could just swap the quater panel out instead of replacing the whole bed. i think 93+ are the same, keyword "Think"

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Right down the road from work there is a company that puts those utility boxes on for companies. They have a bunch of beds, but they are all full size. I don't see many Rangers with a utility box on the back.

Check a scrape yard. See what they got.
Yeah, they might be able to scrape one up.......

:D :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
She told me right away when it happened last sunday 4-1-12. I called in a claim monday 4-2-12 then called the claims agent wednesday 4-4-12 but have not gotten a call back. I do have the option of taking a check and fixing it myself. If the amount is enough I would try to find a good dentless bed/box in white and install it. Then pull out the dent on my original one and sell it to come out $$$ ahead a little bit.

MrRangerSir

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
She told me right away when it happened last sunday 4-1-12. I called in a claim monday 4-2-12 then called the claims agent wednesday 4-4-12 but have not gotten a call back. I do have the option of taking a check and fixing it myself. If the amount is enough I would try to find a good dentless bed/box in white and install it. Then pull out the dent on my original one and sell it to come out $$$ ahead a little bit.
Be happy if you can get your truck fixed satisfactorily. Any gain in it for you will quickly be snuffed out by the insurance companies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals