• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Facelift

SnowOptix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
First off I'd like to say hello to everyone on this forum. I recently inherited a 1999 XLT 4x4 and I must say I love her!

Well, I love her all except for the front end (headlights and grill). Being a '99, the headlight pattern leaves me with much to be desired. I do really like the new Ranger front ends. Now, I know that they, the newer and more modern 2000+ Rangers, are in the same generation as mine but with a facelift.

Would it be possible to mount the new Ranger style lights and grill on my '99? It looks like I'll need a new hood too, which isn't a problem as I'm getting her painted soon anyway. Should everything bolt up?

All input is appreciated. Thank you again for the help guys! I hope to make a decent off-roader.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It's a VERY simple swap. First figure out what front end you want first....01-03 or 04+. 01-03 you can keep your stock hood. 04+ requires a new hood. None of the options require new fenders.

Following items are needed for 01-03 swap...

-01-03 header panel
-01-03 grille
-01+ headlights and corners
-01+ headlight retaining sliders

For 04+, it requires an 04+ hood and obviously 04+ header panel and grille.

Now, to cure the 2 bulb signal to 1 bulb conversion, either a: put in an LED signal flasher or b: cut the harness and make it only 1 bulb per side with no open wire ends.

TONS and TONS have done the swap. I did it to two trucks locally.

SnowOptix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you! Glad to hear it's that easy. I LOVE the 04+ front ends and will swap it out to that. Thanks again!

SnowOptix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Did some more research. I actually like the 2007 the most. Right before they did another trim change in 2008. Everything should be the same, right? I found a place to order all the stuff for less than $500.00. Thank you guys!

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
'07 is what you like, which means you like 06-current front ends since they're all the same.

Good luck on your swappage!! And don't forget to post pics!!!

Shane

SnowOptix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
'07 is what you like, which means you like 06-current front ends since they're all the same.

Good luck on your swappage!! And don't forget to post pics!!!

Shane
Shane, thank you so much for the help and encouragement. It's going to take a month or two to gather all the funds, place the order, install, etc. Where can I find pics of your truck? Very interested from your avatar.

Last question: Will the 05 header panel work on the 06+? Thank you!

-Tony

lazy_one_1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What about a 1994 to a let's say 2010

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals