• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ranger body on to bronco II frame.

hifooy07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i am going start swapping my ranger body over to a 88 BII frame. ive seen some pics before i tried searching and found nothing any one see this done or some one post pics of it being done. im just looking for some references. thanks

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
normally, I'd say
like all the other crusty old TRS'ers. However, I'm in a generous mood tonight....:D

It can, and has been done. Brian/Nightkrawler had a buildup thread on broncoii.org for the "Branger", but the forums are in the process of moved, so I can't get a link. There is a video of him rolling it on youtube though, search for "evans creek bronco roll"

Here's Maverick's "B2R": http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485

Usually, the rear cab mounts need to be modified to accomidate the ranger cab, among other little things.

I know there's more out there, I'll keep looking. that's what I got for now...

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
todd did it...wheres that guy been lately anyway?

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
todd...michigan todd? which the huge AG tires on the rear?

hifooy07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey thanks alot. i did try searching but it didnt come up with anything maybe i was searching for the wrong thing or something. yeah i seen brians video of the roll over. he had a build thread of the swap but as you said the site has been down since... saturday i think... thanks alot ill check out the links.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
no probs...If I find anything else I'll post the link...

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
now that you mention it, I seem to recall seeing pics of it somewhere....I thought he just chopped the entire rear off the ol' BII body...

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Oh, im still around. Just not as much as before, this term classes are abundent and not easy. Haven’t been wheelin as much as I usually do either, and that is not the way I like it but I cant really help it:mad:

As for the Ranger cab swap, it is really strait forward. If the years are somewhat close then the wiring is cake. Just disconnect the computer and pull that harness through the fire wall and unplug the main plug on the driver side on the fire wall. Then once the ranger cab is on put the computer harness back through the fire wall of the ranger and plug comp back in. Then plug the main harness in on the driver side and bam, your done. That’s all I had to do.

As for cab mounts all four front mounts line up, the two most back ones are the only ones that need to be modified. The mounting point on the ranger cab is higher then that of the BII.

If you want some pics take a look at my cardomain. Clicky is in my sig

You can kind of see my rear mount in this last pic. If you want anything else just let me know.

hifooy07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals