• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger body on FS Bronco Frame??

Banger91

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
HI guys I'm new here but I have a 81 FS bronco and was thinking of swaping my 91 ford ranger body onto the frame to make a great trail rig. Has anyone heard of this being done??? I have looked all over the internet and I have not found much, So I was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help me out, or knows where I can find some good links.

Thanks

Austin

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a while ago i remember seeing some guy who had a 1st or 2nd gen ranger body on an 80's? bronco frame. it actually looked pretty good.

ill try n find it in the gallery but idk theres ALOT of them hahaha

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
Would look better with a reg. cab short box, imo.

Banger91

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nobody???? I guess it's not a very common swap is it?

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
i know something about almost everything but not everything about anything.
swap

it can be done it looks a little funny though... the local truck parts junkyard has a 88 bronco ii on a 79 bronco frame... the tires stick way out as does the front and rear frame rails... he's got a 3" body lift thats custom cut in places to help fit the body to the frame... along with custom body mounts....it looks like he shortened the frame in the middle some too... a ranger body is longer so that may fit better, shortbox is probably a must... can get you a pic if you want its only a couple miles from the house... its not gonna be a street legal rig here in oregon though as for your state you may wanna check....:icon_thumby: love the fullsize thats your signature pic... nice ride: icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Banger91

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
it can be done it looks a little funny though... the local truck parts junkyard has a 88 bronco ii on a 79 bronco frame... the tires stick way out as does the front and rear frame rails... he's got a 3" body lift thats custom cut in places to help fit the body to the frame... along with custom body mounts....it looks like he shortened the frame in the middle some too... a ranger body is longer so that may fit better, shortbox is probably a must... can get you a pic if you want its only a couple miles from the house... its not gonna be a street legal rig here in oregon though as for your state you may wanna check....:icon_thumby: love the fullsize thats your signature pic... nice ride: icon_cheers:
Thanks, It's a 75 Highboy with new paint 12inch suspension lift and 42 inch tires, but I'm looking to build a trail rig, and yeah that would be great if you could take some pics of that bronco 2. thanks for the info!

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
i know something about almost everything but not everything about anything.
pics

heres that bronco 2 on 83 frame i promised you... i know i said a 79 frame but after i talked to the yard owner, he says he took 7" out of the center of the 83 frame its sitting on.... with some work i'm sure you can mount it better and closer to the frame...he tells me it does run and drive but as previously mentioned not street legal in oregon.... those are worn out 33X12.5R15 boggers on it...
:icon_welder:

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
I used to run a 93 Explorer Sport (2dr) on a 79 bronco frame. The wheel base was actually very close (within 2"). It actually fit on the frame very well. I had to run a 3" BL due to trans and bellhousing clearance problems. I ran 44 boggers on mine for 2 years till I put it over and destroyed the body.

Banger91

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
heres that bronco 2 on 83 frame i promised you... i know i said a 79 frame but after i talked to the yard owner, he says he took 7" out of the center of the 83 frame its sitting on.... with some work i'm sure you can mount it better and closer to the frame...he tells me it does run and drive but as previously mentioned not street legal in oregon.... those are worn out 33X12.5R15 boggers on it...
:icon_welder:
Thanks for the pics, Looks different, I think it would look better without the yellow frame though ;missingteeth;

trailertrash

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ranger on fs bronco

I have a 88 full size bronco that was rolled no damage to the frame or drive live and motor but body is useless and i have a 81 ranger with a nice standard cab body with bad motor so im considering doing this too. I know the wheel base is the same but the frame on the bronco is wider. all im going to do is offroad it . Hope it works lol

94BonB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger, Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm actually about to start a very similar project in another couple of months if all goes well with the new shop! I got a 79 FS bronco that the body is shot on and a 87 short box reg cab ranger that the body is good on! I'll be starting a build thread soon! if your interested.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals