• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Beams and axle or F150?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, so long story short I'm building my truck SCORE class 7 legal ( not racing score, 1450-org or MORE or something.) But anyways, I am building my own beams and radius arms, should I build off of ranger I beams? Or F150? Would the f150 beams be legal for the class? Also 8.8 31spline or 9in? I am looking at the score handbook and it appears to be legal but would it be even worth it seeing as the beams are defiantly being extended and plated, if not fully tubular. The brackets and fab work aren't a problem, I just want to know what would be the best overall set up.

Thanks guys in advance

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Build a king pin beam set up or build a set off of D-44s. Stay away from the 2wd balljoint crap. Another option is D-35s if you want to maintain the Ranger bolt pattern, but I dont recomend it. Still a little better then the Ranger 2wd stuff, but the beam ends are thin and weak, the snouts are weak, and bearing placement is also horrible. For the rear a 9" but stay away from anything that has a .120 wall housing.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Okay, so should I get some d44 4wd beams, then just use the beam ends, and build my own 2wd tubular beams for it? Also could I set this up as an equal length beam set up?

Also what year of 9in should I look for? I am going to be running 33's but I want it to be overbuilt so I am not going to be constantly fixing stuff.

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, so should I get some d44 4wd beams, then just use the beam ends, and build my own 2wd tubular beams for it? Also could I set this up as an equal length beam set up?

Also what year of 9in should I look for? I am going to be running 33's but I want it to be overbuilt so I am not going to be constantly fixing stuff.

Pretty much or you could just get one of these with Machined D-44 ends and save yourself some headache. Word on the street is kit is on sale for dirt cheap and its 100% bolt on.:D For the guys on a budget I like to use either a 9" from a Fullsize Bronco, or a 9" from an early 80s Econoline van. Look for the housing with 3 1/4" axle tubes. Gaurenteed to be 31 spline and is a .188 wall housing. Dont know how your driving style is but I highly recomend going will atleast 35 spline axles. I myself have stripped and broken 35 splined axles so now I run 40 spline.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm gunna bump this again, I am thinking that I am going to use some king pin = length beams, so should I raid an econoline for parts? if so what years?

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If you go king pin I have a set of front steer 1" king pin spinles im selling if you cant find them.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks Dave, btw I know for a fact that I'm going to get your steering swingers so Ill let you when I'm ready to buy

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So Dave have you sold your truck yet?

Not trying to jack the thread or anything.:D

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So Dave have you sold your truck yet?

Not trying to jack the thread or anything.:D
I could have today for $21k but I turned it down! Now my wife is more motivated then me and wants to start the new truck asap so now its priced to sell at 18k haha! What sucks is the guys that called with the offers phone numbers didnt show up. My wifes was PO when I told her about it lmao!

Edit: On a side note I have made money on it since it has been for sale...Last week a guy gave me a $100.00 holding deposit for it. He claimed he was coming on thursay to pick it up and if he didnt show I could keep the $100.00..then the guy shows up yesterday and gives me a $1,000.00 more and says he will be back this morning to give me another $13k and pay the rest off in a week or so. He never showed up and actually called me to tell a couple of hours ago to ask for his money back..I hung up on him lol!

Last edited:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha you turned down the 21 grand? Oops:D Hope it sells soon.:icon_thumby:

dave@threat

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Haha you turned down the 21 grand? Oops:D Hope it sells soon.:icon_thumby:
Yeah. No biggie though because it still had the rear bypasses on it and the LED front light when the guy offer me $21k. Sold the the rear bypasses last night for $2k and kept the flakes $1,100.00 deposit. And I still have the light bar so it actually worked out haha!:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals