• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger #23695

Ranger23695

Reaction score
I picked up this old ranger about 3 years ago and have let it sit at the shop waiting for it to fall out of the state emissions testing. The plan was a V8 swap! But that was back when gas was $1.50 a gallon... Now at almost $3 a gallon I am going to fix up the old 4banger... But anyway I thought I would show the pics of her when I first got her for $400 with a blown head gasket.

So here she is: Born April of 1982 Ford Ranger #23695!!

Joe_Roofer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice, man. Body looks sweet!

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
damn how many miles are on that thing?

Ranger23695

Reaction score
She is now in the shop

I have started the rebuild. She is getting new oval port head with offy intake holley carb pacesetter header all new prothane cab and chassis bushings,shocks and springs to raise it 1-2in front and rear sway bars both fuel tanks cleaned with new floats and sock filters new head lights & tail lights the tail gate fixed new batteries 2 with a 200amp alt new 3 core radiator the A/C converted to 134A a trans cooler and deep sump pan and the interior redone new carpet and headliner and too much more to list.. I only paid $400 for the truck but I have already spent $3000 in parts... Good thing I can do everything but the paint and body myself!!! OOOO and the black plastic tool box has got to go.... But it will get something nicer??? It seems to be getting harder to find some of the parts for this one. But I won't give up I will get it done this year I hope!!

Ranger23695

Reaction score
The hood strips are to cover the bubbles in the paint from a carb fire.. She has had a hard life but she had lots of TLC from her original owner and me as I helped keep her on the road for the last 17years.. She needs work to get it to where I want it but I think it will be worth it when I am done.. I am the second owner of this truck.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
very clean, a southern truck i take it?

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
mm rust free... love the grille!

Ranger23695

Reaction score
Me too and I have not found anything but stock so it will stay with a head light up grade and clear markers.. I will post pics as I get things done.. So far I have done the bushings,rear shocks,front sway bar,removed the old head and the rear gas tank and bought a bunch of parts....

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
very clean truck, especially for an 82

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've never been under a car/truck that has spent its life in Texas, but over here in California/Oregon/Washington the cars and trucks look new from underneath when they are 15-20 years old.

Those mini-trucks from the 70's, Datsuns, Couriers/Mazda Sundowners, etc, that have a reputation of rusting away to nothing, well, it isn't uncommon to see them running around out here.

The con to this is the UV rays break down interiors and plastic trim pieces within about 10 years in the southern 1/3 of the country, especially AZ and Southern CA where there are a lot of clear days.

NcRanger

Reaction score
well i was gonna say 2.3t swap would be a good gas swap...but hey go with what you got if your already workin on it...nice old truck man

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals