• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Range 98 Build Thread 5.0

Range98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 with a bunch of mods
Transmission
Automatic
Alrighty! Well I finally decided to do my build thread for my project. I know I asked pretty many questions on here so I wanted to put up my progress and show everyone the truck. I'm gonna do this in sections to make it a little easier for me to upload pics and all. So we here go....

p_00095.jpg
The Day I brought it home

100_1603.JPG
The terrible 3.0

p_00096.jpg

p_00097.jpg

The Truck is my 1998 ford ranger xlt 3.0 auto. Not a bad truck but pretty slow and still not that good on gas. Decided the 3.0 wasn't cutting it so I decided last spring to do the 5.0 Explorer Swap.

Range98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 with a bunch of mods
Transmission
Automatic
First thing first new paint job! The black was scratched to crap and I never really liked plain blacked out trucks so my brother and I shot on some bright blue cobalt metallic with black accents. Here it is the first day out of our paintbooth.

p_00106.jpg

p_00104.jpg

p_00107.jpg

p_00108.jpg

p_00101.jpg

p_00102.jpg
The truck is sitting a little funny looking so my next step was going to lower it.

p_00103.jpg

Range98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 with a bunch of mods
Transmission
Automatic
Decided to lower the truck as much as possible without having to buy new suspension or anything. Loosened the torsion bars and removed the lift blocks from the rear end dropped me 2 1/2 inches in the rear and almost 4 in the front.

100_1689.JPG

100_1688.JPG

Pretty cheap way to do it but it worked and it sits much more aggressive I think.

p_00279.jpg

The back sits a little bit lower than in this pic because its parked on my hill. but you can see the difference pretty well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals