• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

random shakey/rough running (very long)...

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Part should be in friday. I will try to take it out and drive forever this weekend to make sure it's reliable for the job I am starting on monday.

Then my next task is the pass side front wheel. It started squeaking yesterday...more noticeably on left turns. I know the rotor is warped and eating the pads fasting on that side, so with a little luck it's just the brake pads. I noticed this when I decided to drive my truck home anyway.

So today I do my drug test for my job. I took our jeep. I got stuck once, no power. I messed around a bit and turned the key, it started. Went someplace, stopped, turned the key...nothin...tried everything. I went back later w/my bf and he jiggled the right wire and it started right up.

I'm starting to think that I have developed some bad luck around cars lately lol.

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Part is replaced now along with a new battery as it decided to die as well. After putting the FFV sensor in the check engine light went of right away without resetting (that is a 1st).

Now onto my next 'wheel' issue (yeah it all breaks at once)...the wheel is not squeeling anymore, but now I am having a 'gear' type noise (like maybe a hub is still locked in)...I'll figure it out!

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
your wheel issue sounds more like a failing wheel bearing. jacking the truck up and yanking the wheel should reveal the problem easily enough.

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
How do I tell? I looked and wiggled the wheel and am seeing nothing out of the ordinary...maybe it just isn't bad enough yet.

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nevermind on the wheel! OMG I should have thrown that $500 in the trash can!! My rough running issue is back again!!! I don't know where to look now or what to do. My dad offered to drive my truck and take it to a mechanic that he knows so hopefully they can figure this out.

In the mean time I get to drive his F150 (which is also old and in need of some maintenence).

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
don't give up.maybe you need to reset the computer?

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I tried unplugging the battery for a while and replugged it and restarted it and the problem still persisted. Restarted it over an hour later and it ran fine (this is exactly how it was doing before). I guess the mechanic can see what he can come up with.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I tried unplugging the battery for a while and replugged it and restarted it and the problem still persisted. Restarted it over an hour later and it ran fine (this is exactly how it was doing before). I guess the mechanic can see what he can come up with.
probably a good idea w/the mechanic.i've pondered it myself several times as well as putting my .45 under the hood and emptying the clip.good luck and i hope you get a cheap fix.

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yeah me too. I've spent over $1,000 on this truck in general parts in the last 4 months. Once I get started on this new job I am going to look into buying a different DD. I will most likely keep my truck as it's really not worth much $$ anymore.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey,how bout a update?did the mechanic come up w/fix?

dangeranger

Reaction score
well hey if you find out what the problem is id love to know because we seem to be in the same boat....im sick of throwing parts at it (ive checked the cam synchro, replaced coil pack, etc.) and havent seen any results as of yet....im goin out to the garage today so if i find anything ill keep you posted

jd

ozzwoman9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, My dad drove my truck for 2 wks with no problem so I took it back. I have now driven it for 2+ weeks with no problem, so it has not seen a mechanic. The only difference is that I have not run E85 since the day after I replaced the FFV sensor. I think E85 was my problem. According to my VIN I am able to run E85, but seeing as my truck was bought used I am wondering if maybe something the previous owner had done to it would possibly make it not 100% E85 compatible. I do know that the PCM was replaced before I bought it....I kinda wonder if maybe it's possible to switch a non FFV PCM w/a FFV PCM. I dunno what is different for sure, I am just guessing...but it seems weird that I have not had the problem since I stopped using E85.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
cool.sorry about all the money it cost you.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im also sorry you spent the money on the flex fuel sensor to no avail. i was sure we'd nail it with that.

your truck wouldnt run properly (if at all) with a non-ffv PCM installed. the two engines have entirely different fuel system specs. its possible the previous owner did something to make the truck not run properly on ethanol....but i cant imagine what...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals