• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RABS to proportioning valve.

iPandaBar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Teensy Weensy
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Orthodox
Hello all,
I've got an old (unopened) proportioning valve and I'm thinking of using that in place of my RABS.

Yes I know the dangers of driving without abs, but honestly, IMO RABS is just as bad as no ABS.
Pump, pump, pump....

If I leave the old RABS in place and leave the connector hooked up will this prevent a CEL?
There is not a CEL now and the RABS is non functioning.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hello all,
I've got an old (unopened) proportioning valve and I'm thinking of using that in place of my RABS.

Yes I know the dangers of driving without abs, but honestly, IMO RABS is just as bad as no ABS.
Pump, pump, pump....

If I leave the old RABS in place and leave the connector hooked up will this prevent a CEL?
There is not a CEL now and the RABS is non functioning.
I noticed your pic and it looked like someone holding an artist brush up to a painting so I clicked on it.
Cool engine hoist :)

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Just pull the fuse. If you want to delete the system just to get rid of it then dont use a prop valve. The proportioning valve is already part of the master cylinder. Just replace the line from the master to the RABS valve and use a union from the new line to the rear line.

Last edited:

iPandaBar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Teensy Weensy
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Orthodox
I noticed your pic and it looked like someone holding an artist brush up to a painting so I clicked on it.
Cool engine hoist :)
Thanks! Didn't make sense to buy a cherry picker when I've got no where to store it. The block chain will be handy for more than one thing and takes up less than a cubic foot of my tiny tiny tiny garage that I fight my wife and four children for space in.

Just pull the fuse. If you want to delete the system just to get rid of it then dont use a prop valve. The proportioning valve is already part of the master cylinder. Just replace the line from the master to the RABS valve and use a union from the new line to the rear line.
Thanks! Guess I need to find another use for that dang valve. I thought I needed one because the rear tires DO try to lock up on me every now and then, especially when hauling anything "heavy".

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The prop valve is built into the master cylinder, if the rears lock up to easy I'd check for leaks at the wheel cylinders or axle shaft seal.

iPandaBar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Teensy Weensy
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Orthodox
The prop valve is built into the master cylinder, if the rears lock up to easy I'd check for leaks at the wheel cylinders or axle shaft seal.
I'll be replacing everything from the master cylinder back today. That should take care of it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals