• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

R/R AC condenser

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock, may get leveling springs in front "somday"
Tire Size
I waited until sunset, unbelievable hot out there even without the Sun! We drained the radiator, took the hoses off took the two bolts off the top, & 2 off the shroud, moved the Shroud back towards the engine,. Radiator lifted right out!

Condenser was a little bit more difficult because it has screws on the front behind the grill but it came out!

We got the new condenser back in the radiator back in and almost passed out so I came in and took a shower. hopefully finish tomorrow morning!

Another mental block busted! Lol

And oh!
The radiator does not actually have to be removed we did take it out but it doesn't have to be removed, just tilt it back

Last edited:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
MY TRUCK HAS AIR CONDITIONING!!!

I was out there about 6 this morning!

All the lines connected with a click, just the way they're supposed to! Replaced the orifice with a blue one,

Had vacuum pump on it about an hour. interesting, the new suction line because it's nothing like the old type line actually collapses under vacuum,

the high-pressure cut out on the old line would not come loose and actually broke when we tried to take it off the old Muffler. Jumped the wires, will pick up a new one soon.

+- 30# lo & +- 200# high, 90ish outside. Basically we just dumped the charge in.

it may leak and may not leak I don't care at this point. if it lasts a week or the rest of the summer I'll be happy.

It now has all new refrigerant lines, new evaporator, new condenser, compressor is pumping like a champ no reason to change it.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
And oh!
The radiator does not actually have to be removed we did take it out but it doesn't have to be removed, just tilt it back
Having done this job, on your truck, in the junk yard when I didn't come equipped for radiators, and then having done it at home when I did have the right tools, I say take the radiator out.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
MY TRUCK HAS AIR CONDITIONING!!!

I was out there about 6 this morning!

All the lines connected with a click, just the way they're supposed to! Replaced the orifice with a blue one,

Had vacuum pump on it about an hour. interesting, the new suction line because it's nothing like the old type line actually collapses under vacuum,

the high-pressure cut out on the old line would not come loose and actually broke when we tried to take it off the old Muffler. Jumped the wires, will pick up a new one soon.

+- 30# lo & +- 200# high, 90ish outside. Basically we just dumped the charge in.

it may leak and may not leak I don't care at this point. if it lasts a week or the rest of the summer I'll be happy.

It now has all new refrigerant lines, new evaporator, new condenser, compressor is pumping like a champ no reason to change it.
Good work :icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Thank you... Thank you very much..
Now my oil pressure seems low, the gauge is occasionally flutter jumping. But spends most of its time below mid-range normal.

Is there a convenient small pipe plug that I can put an adapter in and take real oil pressure readings?

Denisefwd93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Oh! No mistake here,
New condenser coil in front of the radiator = 100 psi lower head pressure.
Example would be like today, mid-to-low 90s. On the old system even though it was leaking I was getting 300-350 PSI on the high side to even get close to Cooling on the low side. 30-50 Low side Cooling now about the same temperature Outdoors head pressure around 200

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals