• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Questions. I have Questions!

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
But.... Round rooms don't HAVE corners! The ones where the wall (only one) meets the ceiling and floor don't count.
Do round trucks have cab corners?

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The corners of a round room are where the walls meet the floor and ceiling. #duh
Those don't count. You'd have to stand ON or UNDER the corner. Note: That only applies to a round room that is not spherical.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Those don't count. You'd have to stand ON or UNDER the corner. Note: That only applies to a round room that is not spherical.
You'd probably be less cranky if you'd experience more Regina. ;brownbag;

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3

you're doing just fine. almost there, keep looking, everything is going according to plan,,,think calm and tranquil thoughts,,,,,

golley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
on a remote start module: find a brand that you think you might like and download the manual. getting past a resister key is easy enough..most manuals have a chapter on this.

but really, if i were going to drive it a limited time, I'd drive it as is. be forewarned, most owner upgrades will NOT increase resale value.

Weasel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic
on a remote start module: find a brand that you think you might like and download the manual. getting past a resister key is easy enough..most manuals have a chapter on this.

but really, if i were going to drive it a limited time, I'd drive it as is. be forewarned, most owner upgrades will NOT increase resale value.
Thanks.

It's a basic Ranger I didn't pay all that much for, so I figure I have room to improve.

Is there, anywhere, documentation on which parts are (more or less) interchangeable from other vehicles? Like the seats, console, instrumental cluster lens, or etc. Something to make it easier, so that I know what I'm looking for at the wreckers.

I got the list of seat recommendations, so I suppose I could put my own together. But if it's already available...

golley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Now i think about it, cosmetic repairs i would imagine would help resale, if good looking and frugal. Your truck is low miles at this point. If you can find the pretties at the salvage yard...😊
A factory manual may be good for you. You can pick it up used, and resale it when you sell the truck, at a slight discount. I've done that for years. Just make sure you get a full set.

Weasel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic
Quick question.

What year seats of the Ranger are compatible with the 2008?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Quick question.

What year seats of the Ranger are compatible with the 2008?
I think just about any year of the Ranger excluding the new 19+ and even that *might* work if you are able to swap rails...

AJ

sheep herder

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, break it.
Isn't 2008 when they started putting airbags in the seats? Not that it really matters for fit but can you eliminate them legally?

Weasel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic
I was at the wreckers and tried to pull a seat from a 96. It was a power seat that made accessing the bolts a bit difficult. Then I tried a manual 2002, but I had managed to not pack my bit driver for the impact driver and I wasn't able to convince them off with the ratchet. Those were torx. Since I'm the only one who will be driving the vehicle or at least 95% of the time I'm not sure electric is necessary though they are only $5 more.

Though on the way home I got to wondering if seats from the wreckers are the best way to go. Yes, there were no tears in the fabric, but in both cases, they have been open to the elements meaning rain, dust, etc. According to the website, they've been there 3-4 weeks. Mind you, it hasn't rained a lot during that time.

The seats don't seem to be labeled as having airbags.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
take a 12 volt booster pack (one of the small pocket size ones) with you and you should be able to hook it up to the truck to move the seats, and at the same time see if the power seat functions all work. but if you don't have power seats in your truck right now, it is of no point to get them as you will have to wire it all in anyways. That being said, if the seats themselves are good, still take the power pack to move them around so you can remove them, then remove the power seat rails and get the seat only and transfer it to your manual rails.

and as for dirt, if there is no mold or mildew on the seats, I would not worry too much about it. get them home and clean them up or take them to a detailer and have them shampoo them. 3-4 weeks isn't too bad to be in the elements, a little rainwater won't hurt them that much especially if they are able to dry out.

AJ

Weasel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic
take a 12 volt booster pack (one of the small pocket size ones) with you and you should be able to hook it up to the truck to move the seats, and at the same time see if the power seat functions all work. but if you don't have power seats in your truck right now, it is of no point to get them as you will have to wire it all in anyways. That being said, if the seats themselves are good, still take the power pack to move them around so you can remove them, then remove the power seat rails and get the seat only and transfer it to your manual rails.

and as for dirt, if there is no mold or mildew on the seats, I would not worry too much about it. get them home and clean them up or take them to a detailer and have them shampoo them. 3-4 weeks isn't too bad to be in the elements, a little rainwater won't hurt them that much especially if they are able to dry out.

AJ
Thanks. The truck doesn't have power seats right now, and while I could certainly do the wiring I don't think having them would make all that much of a difference to me as the seat won't be adjusted all that often. Set it and forget it. My wife's vehicle has power seats and I find it actually takes more time to use the power seats than it does manual as it really doesn't move all that quickly. Though I wonder if there are seat heaters. Bah. I can go with aftermarket if I want them.

I'll have a shot at the manual seats tomorrow, they're in slightly better condition. This time I will remember to double-check to ensure I've not forgotten an important tool.

I appreciate the assistance I've received here. I've asked questions (not Ranger related) elsewhere and get nary a response or answers that are as though I'm imposing on them. Full disclosure. I will, from time to time, ask dumb questions.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Full disclosure. I will, from time to time, ask dumb questions.

That’s perfect... We’re experts at giving dumb answers!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals