• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about doors

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Alright so I already found out that the Ranger and B series doors are the same pretty much from 92 to 2002 or whenever, but I have another couple of questions.

First I was wondering if I can plug-n-play doors with electronic controls to my truck with manual everything or if it would be easier to swap the internals. There are a couple of Ranger 99 or 00 doors going for cheap locally but they are electronic and I was wondering if I'd need to do any modification or run any wiring, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would PAY to see someone fit 92/93 Mazda doors on a ranger. To fit doors with PW, PL and such you'd have to do some wiring as you wont have fuses for them. if you were to find the wiring diagrams, you could hook them up but if your not good with electronics, just swap regulators/ find non power doors.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why would you pay to see that? The Ranger and B series have the exact same doors (not to mention being mechanically and electrically identical as well). The only thing that's different is the front end (grille, bumper, hood and corner lamps) and the tail lights and bumper (and the Mazda logos). Thanks for the info, I've been told I'll need to run wiring for electric doors so I'll be looking for a door with manual controls.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
94 the B trucks became Rangers, so a 92/93 would be the same as my 90.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I'm obviously going to make sure that it's the same door before I put it on, but I'll just guess that their search database has it wrong and they thought it was 93 instead of 94.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The 1992 Ranger doors are different from the 1993 doors; as in 2nd generation versus 3rd generation trucks. The 1993 and 1994 doors are the same, except that an internal side impact beam was added in '94.

If you're looking at swapping over to electric locks and windows, the 1993-94 doors would be MUCH better to use than the 1995 and up doors. Through 1994 the electrics are old-school switches and the connecting wiring harness. Starting in 1995 the electrical accessories are controlled by a Generic Electronic Module (GEM), so the wiring becomes a lot more complicated. Non-GEM donor doors wouldn't be nearly as difficult to wire up if you're wanting to convert to power locks and windows.

Externally trim-wise, I know that at least some Mazda doors (perhaps Super Cab only) have a blacked-out area around the glass, with chrome strips, that's different from the Ranger.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The 1992 Ranger doors are different from the 1993 doors; as in 2nd generation versus 3rd generation trucks. The 1993 and 1994 doors are the same, except that an internal side impact beam was added in '94.

If you're looking at swapping over to electric locks and windows, the 1993-94 doors would be MUCH better to use than the 1995 and up doors. Through 1994 the electrics are old-school switches and the connecting wiring harness. Starting in 1995 the electrical accessories are controlled by a Generic Electronic Module (GEM), so the wiring becomes a lot more complicated. Non-GEM donor doors wouldn't be nearly as difficult to wire up if you're wanting to convert to power locks and windows.

Externally trim-wise, I know that at least some Mazda doors (perhaps Super Cab only) have a blacked-out area around the glass, with chrome strips, that's different from the Ranger.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Awesome, thanks for the info on electronics. I really wished I could have gotten at least a 96 but ah well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals