• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about center consoles

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
Hello all. I have a 99 XLT and I want a full size center console and to take out 60/40 seat and get buckets. Is there anywhere that anyone knows of where I could get a console? I know the explorer of the same year has a full size console that will fit my 99. Any ideas where I could find a new one? I have looked online and at junkyards to no avail. Thanks for any help!!

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
On line and junkyards are what's out there. Check Facebook Marketplace, E-bay, ect. Thats whats out there. Check junkyards out of your area.
I've seen many correct years Explorers on E-bay being parted out, same on Facebook......you just have to start inquiring.
Pretty much what we all have to do. You could find one tomorrow or it might take months.
Other members visit junkyards on a regular basis, and if you make your needs known, they will possibly spot one for you.

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
On line and junkyards are what's out there. Check Facebook Marketplace, E-bay, ect. Thats whats out there. Check junkyards out of your area.
Pretty much what we all have to do. You could find one tomorrow or it might take months.
Other members visit junkyards on a regular basis, and if you make your needs known, they will possibly spot one for you.

Thanks so much for your input. I have been doing all those things you mention, it's hard for me when I work more than full time to do too much running around. But I will keep it up in the hopes of finding what I need. Thanks again!!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Look on car-part.com

But look for explorer interiors not Rangers if thats what you are looking for

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
That's great information Ron thanks very much!

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Also, forgot to mention...
Look for Mercury Mountaineer's from same year group...same parts/consoles.

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
Oh thank you. Great information!! I'm very glad I joined this site!!

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
they are rare, but a Mazda Navajo is just a 2 door Explorer
From Ford Wiki
Mazda Navajo

The Mazda Navajo was a 2-door SUV introduced in 1991, and Mazda's very first off-roader. Also, the Navajo was Mazda's only truck-based SUV. Available only as a four-wheel drive, two-door vehicle, the Navajo was essentially a rebadged Ford Explorer Sport. It was marketed in the United States only as Mazda Canada did not want to market an SUV. All Navajos were built in Louisville, Kentucky, where the Explorer was built.
To set the two apart, the Navajo had a different grille, taillights and wheels. Inside, it was even harder to tell one from the other, as seat fabrics, type face on the instrument cluster (but the same design) and the steering wheel hub were the only apparent differences. Two trim levels for the Navajo were offered, base and LX. The base version offered power windows, power locks and power mirrors as standard. The LX added features such as extra interior illumination and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. An optional premium package loaded up the Navajo with luxuries including air conditioning, a stereo system with cassette deck, cruise control, sport seats with power lumbar adjustment and a pop-up/removable moonroof.

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
Good to know. Thanks very much for the info!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals