• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quest fo a true 7/8" bore master

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I'm running an 85 ranger master on my np435 out of an f150. Other then being firmer, it was plug and play. I'm also running a 10 inch clutch, not sure if the fingers are longer on the 11 inch clutches though.

I do know that my master will disengage a zf5 clutch and its plug and play too.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
I just read most of this thread, and I can't see what you are so worried about. all I can add is that I have the OEM v6 master, with a v8 chevy transmission/slave. meaning that the master/slave diameters, and throws are not even close to being mated, and it works fine.

I the pedal on mine is a bit more firm now, and I'm sure if I went the other way the pedal would be a bit more soft. so unless you are aiming for a specific level of firmness on the pedal, I say run it, drive it...enjoy it
The most common external slave bore is 3/4".
The T5 trans clutch fork requires a long throw, so the issue is that a smaller master cylinder doesn't provide quite enough travel.

The usual tips are find a large master, and aim the slave to a point on the clutch fork as close to the trans as possible for more travel.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys. I bought what listed as 7/8 bore clutch master cylinder clutch line and slave combo frm bumper to bumper. It was a 3/4 bore. But with an 11 in clutch im getting great shift with my r2 transmission. I drove it around the yard and so far all is good. I oredered for an 89 ford ranger with 2.9 v6 7/8 bore master. Clutch line. And slave cylinder. 240.00. But it worked for setup. Just wanted to update what ive learned

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys. I bought what listed as 7/8 bore clutch master cylinder clutch line and slave combo frm bumper to bumper. It was a 3/4 bore. But with an 11 in clutch im getting great shift with my r2 transmission. I drove it around the yard and so far all is good. I oredered for an 89 ford ranger with 2.9 v6 7/8 bore master. Clutch line. And slave cylinder. 240.00. But it worked for setup. Just wanted to update what ive learned
You'd have a hard time mounting that slave outside of the trans! I know the internal ones work but I and several others prefer the external.
Dave

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals