• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pwr Window/Dome light won't work ??

45acp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1st - 1994
2nd
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1st 4.0 2nd 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hi.Sure appriciate any ideas on this one. I have a 99 ranger supercab 4 door. It has developed a strange and really annoying problem. The power windows and the dome light stop working ( at the same time). This happens randomly, at any given time, sitting still, moving, running or not and then they start working again. I have shaken& banged on everything ( and checked the fuses)and cannot find anything that triggers it. I do not have a wiring diagram so I cannot chase down a "common denominator" for the dome light/power windows. WHen it first started it seemed to have some relation to the rear drivers side door, but I don't get a change from opening/closing that now. WHen the problem occurs nether the drivers or passenger side window switches get any response ( no noise,etc.)and the dome light is dead whether using the manual switch or for an open door. Whether the door is open or closed makes no difference.

THis is kind of an unusual truck in that it only has 35k miles on it (1999 model)

Thanks for any help!

45acp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1st - 1994
2nd
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1st 4.0 2nd 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
additional info to orig post

FIrst off - sorry for the double post.
Just thought that I would mention that warning buzzers for lights/keys are NOT effected when the windows/dome light won't work. I Also hear the random "clicking" from up in the dash, AFTER the ingnition has been turned off. Also, if anyone has a solution that requires removing the door panel, please give me instructions for doing that , as I have not figured out how to get it off & havn't seen removal/reinstall on here. Thanks again

45acp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1st - 1994
2nd
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1st 4.0 2nd 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
"more" additional information

Just noticed yesterday that my windshield wipers are afected also. They go on and off randomly also, but not in sync with the widow/dome light failure. the wiper problem seems to stop (as of now anyway) when the truck "warms up" - that is, sfter running 15-20 min. HELP! please! AM I posting this in the right forum? Please let me know if I should post this problem in another one. Thanks.

Charlville

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Hi.Sure appriciate any ideas on this one. I have a 99 ranger supercab 4 door. It has developed a strange and really annoying problem. The power windows and the dome light stop working ( at the same time). This happens randomly, at any given time, sitting still, moving, running or not and then they start working again. I have shaken& banged on everything ( and checked the fuses)and cannot find anything that triggers it. I do not have a wiring diagram so I cannot chase down a "common denominator" for the dome light/power windows. WHen it first started it seemed to have some relation to the rear drivers side door, but I don't get a change from opening/closing that now. WHen the problem occurs nether the drivers or passenger side window switches get any response ( no noise,etc.)and the dome light is dead whether using the manual switch or for an open door. Whether the door is open or closed makes no difference.

THis is kind of an unusual truck in that it only has 35k miles on it (1999 model)

Thanks for any help!
Hi

Did you get anywhere with this please?

Mine's just done the very same thing, no warning!

The fuses are all OK.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals