• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pulling the bed, with pics.

rangeron33s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have pulled the bed on both the rangers I've owned. The first one was just to put a new muffler on (it really helps for getting that weld on rite) only snapped the front 2 bolts so I put the bed back on without worrying about it. This one is an 88 though. Had to replace the sending unit and snapped every single bolt and had to grind off the clips and studs. Ended up rigging up a quick release. Took six bolts and drilled a hole through the end sideways and dropped them through the holes and then used cotter pins with rubber and steel washers so the bed would be snug without any wobble

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
ive pulled mine with the cap still on it, after removing all the bolts and unplugging the harness, i took off the tailgate and put boards cut to fit under the bedrails, then using a small tractor (1966 jd 1020) with a loader that has forklift forks attached to the bucket, i pulled into the bed with the forks under the boards and simply lifted it straight up. the bolts were a pain, i first tried a air impact, but that just destroyed the torx bit, using a big breaker bar with a 4ft peice of pipe, i slowly loosened each one, didnt break any. wire wheeled them and coated them up with anti-seize. have had the bed almost off one other time since. (took out bolts except for back ones, tilted bed like a dump-truck to work on fuel fill hose) using anti-seize made life alot easier that next time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals