• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PSA: Texting While Driving

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I can talk on the phone and drive just fine, but I choose not to. I'm a very safe driver, and the rare times I've talked while driving, being on the phone does nothing to distract me from checking all 3 mirrors every few seconds, watching my speedo and staying within the lines. To me it's no different than having one arm on the armrest while conversing with someone in the passenger seat. But there are always going to be people who would look at me and say "look at that asshole" if they see me on it, regardless of whether it's affecting my driving or not. And while if I were to get into an accident while on the phone, it wouldn't be my fault, I'll be damned if I'm going to put myself in the position of being accused of being at fault for being on the phone.. Besides, unless it's an emergency, there is NO NEED TO BE ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING. That's what kills me the most, the fact that these idiots are gabbing about NOTHING when they should be paying attention to handling their 1+ ton of killing machine.
Besides all that, even my cheap T-Mobile prepay phone has Bluetooth, I have a Bluetooth headset, and I thought ALL phones came with a wired handsfree headset. So there's really no excuse.
And don't get me started on these jackasses i see every day who can't be bothered with that little thing called a TURN SIGNAL because they're holding the phone with their LEFT HAND........

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
The other day I saw a guy texting while on his bullit bike on the freeway, doing like 70.

(Of course, it was the type of dude that wears flip flops, shorts, tshirt and no helmet...)

johndeeregarner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 STX 5-Speed
Transmission
Manual
OOOWWW!! I have a touch screen so I can't really txt and drive but not I'm really not going to!

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
The sad part is that those girls will probably do it again next time they get behind the wheel.
Here in WA, you can talk on the cell with a hands-free device, but it is a secondary offence. Texting is illegal.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That video was kinda fake but the message is there... did you notice the blood on the broken windsheild, and the airbag hanging out of the wheel? Not possible for both... also, how could all those people be dead or at least unconcious when the damage wasn't that bad to any of the cars, and all the airbags went off? Also, the driver and one kid is the only one awake? C'mon...

That texting while driving is some really stupid sh*t tho...

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I text while rocking an 18 wheeler, I get some funny looks when I'm on the cell pulling an annhydrous applicator behind a 4wheel tractor.

I love when I really get to texting a lot, and then I come out of the daze, and I'm almost where I was going....... it's like wow, I don't remember driving all that time. It's like I tele-ported!!

I don't like to text at night though, it takes away your night vision when the phone lights up (SAFETY FIRST!!!!)

Frank

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Even hands free devices are not a 100% answer. Some people can talk and drive without a problem while others can barely chew gum and operate a vehicle at the same time. If you're gonna start banning stuff, ban ALL distractions, including the fancy dancy headunits in new vehicles that drivers try to figure out while driving.
I disagree, stop banning stuff and make the people that can't breathe and drive WALK or TAKE THE BUS, the people that get into accidents talking on the phone or texting most likely shouldn't be driving in the first place...

either that or kill texting all together, it's stupid, I'm not a fan...

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I can talk on the phone and drive just fine, but I choose not to. I'm a very safe driver, and the rare times I've talked while driving, being on the phone does nothing to distract me from checking all 3 mirrors every few seconds, watching my speedo and staying within the lines. To me it's no different than having one arm on the armrest while conversing with someone in the passenger seat. But there are always going to be people who would look at me and say "look at that asshole" if they see me on it, regardless of whether it's affecting my driving or not. And while if I were to get into an accident while on the phone, it wouldn't be my fault, I'll be damned if I'm going to put myself in the position of being accused of being at fault for being on the phone.. Besides, unless it's an emergency, there is NO NEED TO BE ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING. That's what kills me the most, the fact that these idiots are gabbing about NOTHING when they should be paying attention to handling their 1+ ton of killing machine.
Besides all that, even my cheap T-Mobile prepay phone has Bluetooth, I have a Bluetooth headset, and I thought ALL phones came with a wired handsfree headset. So there's really no excuse.
And don't get me started on these jackasses i see every day who can't be bothered with that little thing called a TURN SIGNAL because they're holding the phone with their LEFT HAND........
I agree 100% thats how i am. I always drive with one hand btw as I steer I swich back and forth between hands. cell phone always goes in my right so wipers, headlights, turn signal etc are within reach. I have no problem telling whoever im stuck talking to to hold on while I momentarily set my phone in the passenger seat. I text but never while driving. i am unable to do it without affecting my driving so i wont do it

BTW that video was a little too graphic

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Can't stand people who text and drive.

New years day in the morning we were at at my buddy's house and girl that had spent the night left and was texting while driving, 4 blocks from the house the stupid bitch ran her Volvo into a curb and broke the wheel.

michowski

Reaction score
I agree 100% thats how i am. I always drive with one hand btw as I steer I swich back and forth between hands. cell phone always goes in my right so wipers, headlights, turn signal etc are within reach. I have no problem telling whoever im stuck talking to to hold on while I momentarily set my phone in the passenger seat. I text but never while driving. i am unable to do it without affecting my driving so i wont do it

BTW that video was a little too graphic
Might be graphic but at least it gets the point across. Sometimes workds just arent enough, you need an actual reminder of what can really happen.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Can't stand people who text and drive.

New years day in the morning we were at at my buddy's house and girl that had spent the night left and was texting while driving, 4 blocks from the house the stupid bitch ran her Volvo into a curb and broke the wheel.
a lucky first warning... she probably still does it though

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
i had a similar experence at work once when i was younger, except it involved a mop and a dirty hall way.... scary scary stuff, i had nightmares about it for months, and even some times realistic flashbacks.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
i had a similar experence at work once when i was younger, except it involved a mop and a dirty hall way.... scary scary stuff, i had nightmares about it for months, and even some times realistic flashbacks.
I hope your joking but off not than tell more

Ranger4657

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.ohh nooo
Transmission
Automatic
well i worked in a 7 story hotel as a maintiance tech. and that dirty floor consisted of 7 levels of dirty employe access hallways, anyone would have nightmares when the floor machine is broken down ahha...

but on the subject of dumbasses i droped by the 711 near on the way home and this dude on a crotch rocket came down from blackhawk in colorado, and as he backed out and drove off he drove stright into a parked truck filling gas. it was insane, he was so messed up on somethnig that he couldent even pick his bike up!!! AROFl. but the guy he hit let him go because it was "in his best intrests" LOL ouch.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I Besides, unless it's an emergency, there is NO NEED TO BE ON THE PHONE WHILE DRIVING. That's what kills me the most, the fact that these idiots are gabbing about NOTHING when they should be paying attention to handling their 1+ ton of killing machine.
:pray:

Didn't you know MI vehicles don't come standard with turn signals, and the ones that did get them have run out of blinker fluid from a lack of standard maintenance!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals