• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Vader.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Caught air in my truck and tore up my drivers tire on my fender. Switching rims soon.

Also picked up a few parts at the JY to fix a couple issues with the truck. Then I'll just have to re-wire the brake lights and it's all good!

I have to figure out what wire GOES to the tails first though.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also am going to remove my LED's, take my batman decal off the 3rd brake light, and re-install the factory stereo instead of my sweet pioneer.

:D

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Had a sit down with my bank's loan dept. As I am now in the re-payment period for my student loans, they feel that I am at a risk zone where they don't wait to loan me money for a vehicle if I even paid off my current bank loans. Sucks, but I'll make do.

And yes, this means I won't be selling it any time soon.

I fixed the 4x4, swapped out the tires to put on the ugly rims, and discovered the brake issue.

I'm going to be picking up different rims saturday most likely, as the OEM rims are just plain fugly. These are OEM rims as well, but a different style.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got my cupholder!

You wouldn't think it would take months to find a part like that haha.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And those rims were crap btw. Left them with the guy who was selling em.

Probably going to leave the stock ones on it. Beaters aren't meant to bet purdy.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Threw some balls on it, I'll put up a picture of my balls later. Don't be hatin.

Then I decided that I needed more light, since my headlights (pos chevy design) have rubber mounts and are pointing slightly up. I took my grill out and fit the two lights from my Ranger (see avatar) in behind it. They point too far down for my liking, but it's the only way they fit. I still need to spread them out a little, they're aimed too close together. Definitely helps me to see at night, since my headlights are dim highbeams and my highbeams are low-flying-plane-beams.

I also fixed my brake light issue. There's a little white box that connects to the lever, and sits on either side of the actuator thing. Basically senses when you put your foot down and it turns the lights on. It was shorting out, so I pulled four from the junkyard. First one fixed it and now I have spares.

PITA to get off, but it's nice having brake lights for the first time in almost a year..

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ordered a super 44 to put on it, should sound nice. Also it gives me a chance to test out the muffler before I buy one for the Ranger.

May also piece together a cold air intake. I don't plan on going mudding with the truck anymore, way too hard to clean haha.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Was at the JY getting some wheels and tires for my brothers Edge, when I came across a few creature comforts for the S10.

Power/Heated leather seats with lumbar, out of a Bravada. Also grabbed a rather nice center console from a Blazer, and a new latch for my back window. Only truck there with a slider was a ZR2. Would have had the flares from it if I was 10 minutes faster getting the wheels.

Seats are out.

Old Seats.

New Bravada leathers with a Blazer console.

And done.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
good thing they are heated too bad they dont have a/c

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals