• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project SVT

armyhooker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I found it! Thanks Svt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag. My next phase is upgrading the axles and frame. These are the axles I'm going with...
http://www.axletech.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=Plan_Steer_4000
For the frame, an all new 2x4x3/16 frame will be made, motor section will be higher for lower cog, under the cab will be wider for better tcase room. A new powerplant is in the thinking phase, I'd like to use a teksid motor for better weight, but might go coyote depending on which is cheaper. I'm running 47" michelin XML's now, but I'm planning on a set of iroks. I love my iroks...

SVT

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Where are you gonna get the axles, and what configuration you getting? What made you decide on the 4000 series, don't think the 3000 series would be heavy enough?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
The 4k series were used on the MRAPs, and are starting to hit the government auction's. I originally wanted to go with rocks, but I didnt want the toploaders as I would be higher than I wanted, remember, I want low cog. Front load rocks exist, but finding a set available for purchase was non existent. Then I looked at 5 tons, same thing, I didnt find any available. So I started looking at planetaries, and these seemed like what I want. Best part is, they come with any gear ratio from about 4:1 all the way to 13.74:1, come with air lockers, hydraulic disc brakes, some have central tire inflation built in, all already in one package. A big plus is the front load pinion, the planetaries are about 2" past the wheel mount surface which means no hubs sticking out to break off, and the best part is the 35 spline axle shafts. This may not sound big for a 9 ton axle, but remember the planetaries are 4+ to one, which is comparable to a 6" diameter shaft with 140 spline count :shok:

SVT

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
For you pic lovers, here is a real-world comparison shot of the axles I'll be running...

If I didnt already have plans for the axles under SVT, I'd have sold them and have a pair of these. Should be getting a pair in a couple months...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals