• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project: Moose Knuckle; Part III

Hypoid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Made any progress lately?
Here is an update: The Ranger and a green '72 F-250 are side by side at Western Auto Recycling. Those "Molly" shafts look suspiciously stock. The tranny and T-case have been pulled from the Ranger. Otherwise, the trucks are missing minor parts, virtually untouched.

Much as Adam wanted to keep the Ranger, I'm surprised to see both his trucks in the boneyard. I hope the kid is OK! If you want to pay your last respects to his doomed projects, the address is 6100 N. Federal Blvd, Denver.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Just discovered this and love where its headed! if the idea of rockewells is still floating around up there, dont let the size or weight scare you. the width works out to 96" total width and depending on how you hang the hubs, 72" or 88" wms - wms (5 tons anyway) and once you strip the brakes and suspension brackets off you'll have cut the weight in half. besides 6.71 (6.44 in the 5 tons) works out pretty awesome with 48"+ tires

*edit* does moose knuckle mean the same thing in Colorado as it does here?

Last edited:

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn shame.....anybody hear from him ever?

DANIELVINCENT

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger 4.0
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey I'm in the point where I'm gathering parts for my sas and i need some help/// how did you do you SOA? i have a Dana 44 of a wagoner and i need to know how you welded your perch on? and second do you like your steering? thanks Dan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals