• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project El Taco...1990 BII

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They are 34x10.5-15's, and they are actually on 15x6's, and they fit well and wear even.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
this thing is awesome, i love the navajo grill on it, makes it look different. the stance is soo badass with the 34x10.5 ltb's on the ranger rims. the 4.0 is badass. got a question what is the difference between OBDI and OBDII?

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OBD-I is basically 95 and older, You cant tune it as easy, but its much simpler to wire. EEC-IV is OBD-I, EEC-V is OBD-II.

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably Not, I think 10.5's are about the limit on the 6 inch rims...

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Diggin the steelies, nice work onthe bumper too.

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, Heres a minor update, just before I start fabbin this bumper up...

I trimmed up the fenders so they didnt look so hacked. I was tired of the half-assed look and now that I have my sliders finished, i figured I could spend some quality time with the cutoff wheel and do it right. Came out real clean If you ask me. There is a minor gap on the rear fenders, but I think some expanding foam and some good sealant will fix that just fine. Also fixed my door, which turned out to be more of a pain than I thought it would be, the donor door was completely worn out on the inside (Tracks, roll mechanism, gears, everything...) and I didnt bother to check that at the yard, so I ended up knocking the rivets out and swapping everything between doors, took about an hour longer than it should have, but Im happy this thing is straight again. Also put on some new mirrors that I picked up at Oriellys, way more compact than the stockers and fit the look really well, they must be ABS or something because I dropped one on accident, and it just bounced across the ground without even a scratch, cheap too. Also tossed some 1" blocks under the back to level it out, and it sits perfect now (hard to tell from pics, inclined driveway), and ironically, because of the wonders of the TTB, it drives better down the road with the slight weight shift forward.

Then I tossed the winch up on some stands to get an idea of where I want the winch to sit. I want to tuck it in as far as possible so I can keep things relatively small as far as the bumper goes. I was kicking around the idea of a tube bumper and even modded my HF kinker to bend 90* perfectly, but in the end, I think a plate style bumper fits this thing better, so thats what its getting. Tomorrow Im going to pick up some material, and get started on this thing. Here is a pic of the winch mocked.

And if any of you have any reservations about the HF winches, Im pretty impressed so far, this thing is beefy, and it has a sealed relay box. The only complaint I have so far is it came with a less than desirable amount of grease in the gearbox, so I packed it full.

More soon.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As always I am a fan, I miss my B2.

But I love the ranger too......only thing to do is get both haha

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
As always I am a fan, I miss my B2.

But I love the ranger too......only thing to do is get both haha
x2

still a little unsure about buying electrical devices from HF. i'll buy hand tools from them that have lifetime warranties, but other stuff, i'd rather just pay someone else a little more for it.....but that's just me. hope it works out for ya :icon_thumby:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i just saw your thread on making the 8.8/44 front axle, cool idea. are you planning on finishing it?

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont think so, I could have finished it a long time ago, but after lots of thought, it really isnt worth it. The 8.8 just doesnt have the pinion bearing separation to be used as a low pinion front axle, people are getting deflection in low pinion rear axle setups, so a front would be worse. Yeah the ring and pinion is much beefier, and performance parts are readily available, but I dont think the pro's outweigh the con's. Thats why I havent ever felt the need to finish the project... And its funny, everytime I visit Slo-vo's thread, im reminded of it, lol.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not a fan of the tall and skinny. B2s don't need to be any more top heavy. IMO you need some more offset, but if its working for you roll with it. I know there are several things on mine that others would say don't do.

Also going to cut my fenders like that. I like it and didn't want to lose the whole flair.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
And its funny, everytime I visit Slo-vo's thread, im reminded of it, lol.
lol, yep, that's where i saw it. would've been cool....and one of a kind

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals