• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Dirty White Boy

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Brother in law picked up a Trail rig.
1984 B2
2.8 automatic
3.73 gears
90,xxx original miles
Everything was stock and functioning when we picked this truck up. It had been in the same spot for the past 3 years. and hasnt been driven much in the past 9.we Towed the truck home and had it running within 5 mins and had her aimed down the trail shortly after (checked all fluids).

we have been scrounging just about everyone's garage lookin for cheap to free parts to make it a little more trail ready. so far we have a full set of 33x12.5 interco truxus M/t's just need a little hot knifing, a 3" body lift. a dana 35 (3.27 gears unfortunately) and im sure other parts in not thinking of right now. I'm sure he may pipe up here sometime but thought i would start the page rolling for him.

the truck in factory form

and a sneak peak of what it is becoming
minus the winch as that is going on my truck

Last edited:

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
dude that is a really nice truck with the price of S/L you should do that first. it will look etter dont go cutting up a nice truck like that. otherwise nice score and hope you have fun with it

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
he is on a college budget. so the truck is gonna be made to work cheap as possiable. besides the less lift he has the lower the center of gravity. with the body lift the front fenders were all that had to be cut. if desired he could swap on some different fenders in the future and have stock body lines again.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
took it out for a little test run and yeah did pretty good if i have to say so myself.. hopefully we'll have some pics shortly. i

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
took it out wheelin and it did alot better than i would thought. it was struggling pushing the 33's with the 2.8 and auto, but hopefully that will all be gone this winter.
only had to pull him out once. but i had to winch myselfout once as well.

here's some pics from the trail ride.

[

here's where he got stuck it was just a little too slick for the lug's we were able to cut into the tire

Last edited:

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully tomorrow we will be pickin up a 4'' sky jacker sus lift for 150 bone's found on C/L. and i might have found a free explorer so he can swap the motor as well.

so far he's into the rig 300 bucks including purchase price and have about 25 to 30 hours into it. (including wahsing it after it had sat for how ever many years)

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
picked up the lift a set of warn lockouts and a set of taillights for 160 bucks.
got the front all tore outta the truck and gonna start puttin everything together tomorrow

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Make / Model
ford ranger spo
Transmission
Automatic
sweet looks like you guys have been enjoying it nice trail rig

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the front is done just need to tie up some loose ends (brake lines) then just need to address the rear. the kid gave us some 2'' blocks but were most likely going to swap out the springs for a set of explorer springs that we have laying around and see how much higher we need to go after that. if need be we have a set of 4'' blocks that we can toss in there.

As far as build plan for this truck we were hoping to have it on 33's by spring time. and that was done by the following weekend. now its going to have a total of 7'' of lift and runnin 33's. so now the plans are to have dana 35 front 8.8 rear swap in a 4Liter. a also may have found a warn 8274 if so the xrc8 will go onto his truck.

He has a way of fallin into a pile of shit and comin out smellin like roses

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well soo much for a low center of gravity.

The lift is finished (except camber issue) Turns out it's not a skyjacker but a BDS with the crap lift plate's, the rear tire carrier is done except for a latch and some finishing touches to the rear bumper. As far as the lift go's im not positive but im pretty sure that the front springs are 6'' springs or taller. the camber is soo far outta whack it's not even funny. we are gonna try and mess with the alignment but i dont think it's gonna affect the angle as much as we need it to. The rear has a combination of explorer leaf's Bll leafs and a 4" lift block and the front is alot TALLER. Luckly on saturday we are going to pick up a 94 ranger for parts. The ranger has a 4'' lift so we can swap the springs if need be . So next spring (no pun intended) the Bll will be rollin on a D-35 front 8.8 rear . 4.0L with a M5OD and a 1354M we will be swapping out as much interior as well. And I will have some spare body panel's for my truck!!! here are some pic's of the Bll currently. and as you can see there are some definate issue's with the Camber on this thing.

OH and YEAH IT FEELS TIPPY
GRAND TOTAL at this point 480$ and change
pickin up the ranger for another 100 buck's

Last edited:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea prolly gunna need some shorter coils

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah should be pickin up the ranger with some different springs on saturday

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Make / Model
ford ranger spo
Transmission
Automatic
pretty cool trail rig man

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i am sitting here taking a break at 6 am. I have been working allnight on gutting wire's and disassembling a 94 ranger for the 4.0 swap. the past 19 hours of my life have involved this damn ranger. between goin to get it haulen her home draging it in the garage (no axle shaft's in the rear and not spindle's on the front . I will be glad when it's gone (tomorow) all the body panels are comin off as well for parts for my truck. all that's left to take off/out is the engine/trans, front fender's, the clutch slave/maste and the other then that there is nothin left to her. i should have the tran's clutch and clutch components out in the next hour since i have the everything disconnected and just need to shimmy it outta there. but it's slow goin alone ya know

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals