Are you going to be changing the Ac box, I'm doing about the same thing on the dash, but it's a 92 Explorer dash going into a 88 Ranger, I heard/read some where on here that the firewall needs a huge hole cut in to it.
I haven't got the Ac unit out of the Explorer yet so I don't know if it's true or not.
up here there isnt much need for A/C. when it's that nice out were typically on the bike's. wheelin is mostly a spring and fall thing. as far as the whole it sounds like we will need to enlarger the hole for the steering. we will need to drill a couple hole's as we will be swappin out for a manual trans as well. we are planin on extending the wire's for the computer and making a mount for it up under the dash. we are gonna run the as much of the ranger harness as possiable. but some splicing will be necissary.
I checked out your build page last night. while searching for some info i stumbled accross it.
the motor is out all the suspension is stripped and the cab and frame is sittin on a trailer to be hauled to the scrappy tomorrow. it turns out the lift on the ranger is a 6'' lift. We are debating cuttin the coil's or running a set of jeep coil's we have in the garage. it is too tall the way it sit's right now.
When people see it there first thought is WOW it look's tall there second thought is WOW look's tippy, and there right as we had the close encounter last weekend. we would just take the BL off but unfortunately we built the front bumper to compensate for the lift. I have thought about refabbin the bumper so we could take it off but i have a feeling the BL is gonna come in handy when we do the motor swap
Do I have to take picture's to prove that it's "COMPLETELY" gutted ?
so we got the truck sittin level now and we ran into an issue.
First off the lift kit uses the plate style drop bracket, which i know is frowned upon but hey it work's. But now that the front is sittin level with the rear. when you go over large whoop's with any speed the center yoke (middle axle joint) come's in contact with the drop bracket. more specifically the bolt's for the center drop bracket. we have tried maxxing out the flex and cant seem to get it close but it is most definately when the front is compressed hard. not sure what we are going to do to remedy this but if it's and issue now im sure it will be magnafied when the 35 is swapped in. Not like the truck will be runnin the BAJA or anything we may just have to move the bumpstop's down significantly to keep them from interfering with eachother.
workin on the 4.0 swap as of right now. the motor, trans, xcase are all bolted in along with minor item's (shifter,throttle cable, etc.) workin on the electrical end and what a PITA. using a ranger for a donor may have been a bad idea (everything is flip floped) but we will get it runnin shortly. goin through the process of swapin the interior and splicing wire's to shorten/ lengthen wire's will post picture's shortly.
And it now has some sweet flame's painted on the hood.
next will be to swap the waggy d44 (runnnin leaf's)
and a chev 10 bolt. but that's not needed right now jsut before spring time
the upgraded interior. planing on taking the dash back out a sprayin it with ruberized undercoating, the paint is not turnin out that well.
and the hood painted up. after the hood get's bolted back on the same schem will continue down onto the front fender's, not too bad for two can's of
spray paint, some tape and an hour of time.i just wish i could say that i did it.