• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

project crimson salvation (in progress)

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
started out as a 2wd 3.0 body lift custom rack and bumper 4.10 8.8 10in drums and 31-10.50 15s I bought for 2k with a bad motor threw in a used 3.0 for 250 bucks drove it for the summer and the dreaming/planning parts finding began...

Last edited:

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
looked like this when I bought it

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
I really love that bumper, it almost looks like a stock bumper with tubes welded to it. it looks clean, and stock. as opposed to so many other bumpers that are angular/faceted made from flat plate

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
over the summer I added lund cab visor and hood scoops, edge bed rails and bushwacker pocket style fender flares.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
what is that bumper? is it a modded stock one? or a sweet aftermarket?

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
yes its just a stock bumper with some fab work, pics of last time out puddle jumping before teardown and the parts truck a 2000 4x4 4.0 135xxx miles ext cab, craigslist find for 700$, couple picks of teardown and after frame and cab undercoating.

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
side duel exhaust from my old truck, flowmaster 40 knock off, using 3 in Body lift that was on the truck with my own body bushing set up using parts from the family business :icon_idea: homemade steering shaft extension just cut off both the female and male off the other truck and welded them together, better to use setup in my opinion. the original owner just forced the shaft out extended and then welded solid :icon_confused: the strok on the shaft is a total of 4 1/2 inches so I welded the part with the bolt holes centers at 2 1/4 so it should be in the center of the stroke installed

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
shaft extention worked great, ran into problem on the cab differneces, in 99 was a mid year cab change in feb of 99, from 2 round plugs to a single square plug under the seat and connects near the trans on the frame, so I switched to the 4x4 4.0 dash and harness only other difference is a black ground wire that moved from the door connector in early 99 to the ebrake pigtail in the later cabs, I used the steering colum from the 3.0 truck and switched the matching anti theft module into the 4.0 dash, because I didn't get the 4.0 with keys, cause he was drunk when he wrecked it :beer: I still tripped the Pats system so I will be taking it to Ford this next WED for them to use their fancy factory scan tool on it, cause my Genises dosnt have that feature. so that's it for now, ill have more pics and progress next week.

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
finally got the truck to ford, it took over and hour trying to get the truck to communicate with the Ford computer program, not sure why but eventually got everything reset and its starting running and driving great with no issues, not bad for the time out, 4 wheel works good, now im just waiting for a day that it gets above freezing to power wash the fenders and bed for their undercoating, and get the 4.10 rear out of the other truck and installed in this one. I will also habe some pics of the Explorer swap bar im swapping in, and the new 15x10 Dick Cepecks. im also thinking it might want some bigger M/Ts to go with the new wheels and 4 wheel drive, what your guys thoughts on size and size and brands haven't had much experience with offroad tires yetthe ones on it are 31x10.50 mud claws, thanks in advance.

miller time

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 1999
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 duals out the back 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good what else do you have planed

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
What, where, & how much did you get the pocket flares from? Thinking of getting a set for mine, are they the cutouts or direct replacement? Nice work so far...

SVT

SVTDeweese

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 splash lower
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 -3.0
Transmission
Manual
I got the pocket style flares form http://www.fenderflarestore.com/shop.axd/YMMSolrSearch?yearchange=true&makechange=false&modelchange=false&submodelchange=false&year=1999&make=Ford&model=Ranger&submodel=XLT

kinda pricy at just over 400, I think I might have got them when they were having a sale so I probably paid a little less, they now have the cut out pocket style for more tire clearance and coverage i would have bought those instead oh well, they mount using tinny screws that pinch the fender lip, the bolts you see are just for looks they don't even touch the fender, I'm not sure how they will hold up to abuse yet but I wouldn't want to get to crazy around the rocks, but they sure do look darn good,

And as for other plans, I want to do some tube work around and about, possibly a rear bumper to go around the role pan, and some tube side steps to protect the body and I might tie them together with a roll bar for some amount of structure, instead of just looks but, I priced some Steel tubbing, but it's a bit more than I want to spend right now, I'm also throwing around the idea of making some tube half doors for use in the summer, ya know the jeeps arnt the only cool toys without doors lol

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I know they wouldn't do well in my offroad world, but I'm looking for more tire room on my DD rig, so it won't see hardcore offroading, just occasional vehicle extraction/chase truck type of wheeling, so I can justify spending the coin for them. I really like the stock 06 look, as they have the pocket style flares, and I'd settle for those if I found them...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals