• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pro comp shocks?

rangergi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
I2.5
Transmission
Manual
Here's the situation. I was looking at getting pro comp es3000 shocks. I have gone to pepboys oriley and called autozone. None of them have the shock in stock and have to special order it. I want this shock because it seems like it would have a nice ride, and could take a beating. I have a 2wd ranger but I have a camper shell on the back and right around 100 pounds of gear that I Carry around everywhere. Any opinions on another shock/ ones that I could get ahold of easier?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
4WheelParts or Ebay. I bought all of my Procomps on Ebay or I went to 4Wheelparts to get them. If you don't have a suspension lift you are wasting your money. The stock shocks in good shape should be a-ok for a stock Ranger with a topper unless you are hauling over 500 lbs all day long.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldnt. grab some rancho rs9000's. the pro-comp shocks are like a steel post.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I wouldnt. grab some rancho rs9000's. the pro-comp shocks are like a steel post.
Agreed. You can also adjust the RS9000 to 5 different settings for a ride you like. But you will prolly have to order them.

rangergi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
I2.5
Transmission
Manual
the pep boys where i live carrys rancho shocks, i have heard of the adjuster breaking off as well, have any of you had these problems. and straycat, i have a camper shell and about a little ovr 100 pounds of stuff that i carry around all day. so that adds probably 300 or 400 pounds. and faststang90, thank you looks like a good web site

Last edited:

ap3x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just get any good set of gas charged stock replacements. I've got pro comp 9000's in back and love them. The 1000's in front... shoulda spent half the price for stock replacements.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals