• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Primewell PA100

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Okay , i will start this section out

Right now on my truck i have a set of 31x10.50R15LT Primewell PA100's

i know , they do not look like much , but they are a decent tire for basic off-roading , they have stood up to everything i have thrown at them , they are decently priced , the have a decent amount of grip , and they self-clean very , very well

here are my ratings

Highway - 4
Dirt - 4
Mud - 3.5
Snow - 4
Ice - 3
Loose Gravel - 2
Noise - 2.5
Price Per - $92 (31x10.50R15LT)

The scale is
All but Noise 1-5 , 1 being useless , 5 being great
Noise 1-5 , 1 being noisy , 5 being quiet

They do emit quite a bit of road noise , but it is manageable , and not as bad as mud tires

I would suggest these for any truck that is a daily driver , but also sees some intermittent trail use , in the pic they do not look that agressive , but they provide enough bite that i pulled our F-150 and Ford 8N backwards with my ranger

and this is an action shot - i was in 2wd

sr975j

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive had the tires on my ranger for about 10k and i love them so far. they have worn pretty well considering i only spent about 300 bucks...no complaints. that picture doesnt do these tires justice, they look much better in person. the 31/10.5 has much more space between the treads. they do well in snow and mud and they clean out well as long as you give it some gas

Sam

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
IIRC, those are made by BFG/Firestone.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
wow and i let go a brand new set for a good price cuz i didnt knew them...
shame

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
I had them on my 00 for 25k miles and on the 97 for 15k miles before I replaced them , they would have lasted longer if 1. I Had rotated them more than once in that mileage amount , 2. I had not done the amount of smoke shows I did. Even with that , I still had 1 tire with 5/32 tread , 2 with about 9/32 of tread and 1 with 2/32 of tread. I was pleased with them because even when they were bald they still gripped good. But when I changed tires I found a new brand/tire for cheaper that I went with , so I will post a review of them soon. And Dave , I did not know that.

wv_snranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l V8
Transmission
Automatic
They are NOT made by BFG/Firestone. They are made by GITI of China, which also manufactures the "GT" line of tires. I have read various complaints about the PA100's having "weak" sidewalls, etc..

I just had brand new set of four of these PA100s in 235/75R15 LT on my truck and they are a little louder than the Indy 500's I had on before. So far they have been great and they are definately beefier than I expected. (thats a good thing). The sidewall seemed to be reasonably thick when I inspected them before having them mounted. I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying these tires regardless of where they were made.

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You are right, they are NOT made by BFG nor are they made by FIRESTONE -BUT in the future PLEASE DON'T link BFG with FIRESTONE or BRIDGESTONE you guys are KILLIN' ME! Everything the OP said is true they are entry level tires but perform very well regardless of price.I work for a Firestone retail store and we sell lots of them to budget minded individuals and commercial vehicles alike. We have seen NO sidewall issues and as a MATTER OF FACT I haven't adjusted/warranteed a single one for workmanship or material issues! not a bad little tire for the money and truth be told soccor moms like them cause they look more agressive in person -stop by a FIRESTONE STORE and take a look

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I put a set on my '92 when I bought it in January, and like how they did in the Iowa snow. The hum is nice, but not overly-loud. 235x75R15s.

407Link

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love em and for $70 each new couldn't pass them up...They get me through stuff my buddies 4x4s get stuck in. Only complaint I have is them throwing rocks out at 40+mph Here's a pic of them on my truck 31x10.5x15

Last edited:

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haven't checked yet, but if they come in 35s I wouldn't mind putting a set on my Jeep CJ-7.

407Link

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they also chop pretty bad and causes alot of roadnoise

2timerangerfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
they are discontinuing this tire and other tires in sizes that are not popular or fast sellers. Therefore, they are practically giving them away

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
they also chop pretty bad and causes alot of roadnoise
:icon_rofl:

road noise.

thats funny.

ever driven on a KL71?

They howl. :headbang:

i like the noise tires make, reminds me in not driving on AT's. but those tires are decent, i have a friend running them has had them for 3 years.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
1. I like the sound mine make.
2. They were affordable.
3. They work well for what we have around here in the winter.

I talked to the guy at Tires Plus today, and asked him if they were going to discontinue it. He said he hasn't heard anything.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
wow i am completely shocked by the comments on these tires to be honest. i know i am bring this back from the grave but i worked for firestone for 3 years and we couldnt give these tires away. i have bought lots of tires since the employee discount is nice. i had a set of dueler revos, 2 sets of destination m/t, and some indy 500. when you put the pa100s next to the destination m/ts you kind of laugh. everyone at the store i worked at thought the pa100s were a joke like all the primewell tires. even the primewell 830 and 850s are just dangerous in the rain bc the rubber is so hard. of course you will get lots of miles out of the tire but every time i drove a car with them i thought they were scary to drive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals