• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power Stroke Ranger Conversion

TDI Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have had my eye out for a nicer 4 door ranger and found a 2011 sport 4x4 with a blown head gasket, not far from my house. My plan was to strip the nice ranger and transplant the 4.0 power train into the black ranger, then sell it. Unfortunately the truck I found is a little to nice to hack up, so I have had another project stop me from working on the diesel conversion. I'm currently reworking the 4.0 engine. I'll probably drive it for a while and then part with it.

Attachments

TDI Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Working on the black Ranger again. The rusty radiator core support was cut off. I spent a few days removing what was left of the tar coating that was originally on the frame, then with a needle scaler removed the loose rust. Washed, metal prep, then POR 15, and top coat.

Attachments

TDI Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Rebuilding the front suspension. New motorcraft rack and pinion, steering shaft, control arms, ball joints, ect... I was slightly surprised Ford doesn't include snap rings or nuts with the ball joints. The ABS pump bracket was sand blasted and repainted. All of the rusted hardware was sand blasted and re zinc plated. New pre bent stainless steel brake lines were installed.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals