• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power steering pump info

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone have access to the pressure specs for a few different vehicles? Specifically a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 flex 2wd and a 2003 Chevy blazer 4.3 2wd.

Also if anyone has specific manufacturer part numbers for the two pumps that would be helpful too.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Sounds like someone wants to use the excellent Saginaw pump, but wants to avoid overpressuring their Ford steering gear. You probably know all about adjusting the Saginaw pressure by adding/subtracting washers to the output valve shaft. I wonder if that's covered here on TRS????

Excellent strategy, as I've always preferred Ford's "positive road feel" P-steering, over GM's super-mushy version. It's a bitch that those pressure numbers seem to NEVER be included in shop manuals.

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED!

(PS: do you have the horseshoe bracket to adapt the GM mounting hole pattern to your Ranger bracket???)

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/2006/09/01/hmn_feature34.html

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the information. Luckily I don't need the bracket because I'm just using the whole Chevy engine. If you happen to come across the pressure numbers can you post them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
How goes the 4.3 swap?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Getting there. Out of town for a week or so but maybe all the parts will be in when I get back and I can put it back together.

Is that you Martin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Lol, not martin. This is his best friend. We've actually met briefly before but you dont know it. And martins a chevy/yota guy, ugh. But hey, let me know when you get back in town, we would both love to help out. Just been tied up.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals