• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power locks on B2 only operate the trunk??

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
Hi, My '90 Bronco II has power locks. The power locks only operate the trunk, however. It doesn't operate the door locks. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if the power lock is only supposed to operate the trunk. Thanks everyone!

Oh, and another thing. The little plastic piece that you push down to lock the doors doesn't work. When you push it down to lock it, it doesn't lock. I ahve to get out and manually lock the doors with the key. I wonder if that is the issue with the power locks only operating the trunk.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
they are supposed to operate all of them but i would bet the door lock motors are worn out. i had power locks on a parts bronco only the passenger door and lift gate locked and my drivers door wouldn't.

Sicktight722

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm having the same problem. My rear locks opens and locks fine, my driver door not at all and my pass door its s 50/50 chance of locking or unlocking. I'll prob be replacing them when summer gets here along with my window motors. I also have a 90 bII that I picked up yesterday

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
pull of ur inner door panel. the rods that attach the lock motor to the mechanism and the manual lock are attached to the lock mechanism with little plastic clips. if those are broken or not attached then ur locks wouldnt work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals