• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

power distribution box pcm 60 pin connector and pin 1 yellow keep alive

smegun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford explorer
Transmission
Automatic
I been trying to trouble shoot my electrical system I have the pcm 60 pin connector disconnected and checking for continuity between pins for crosstalk

…. If I start with pin 1 yellow keep alive power it beeps with the ground 60 40 and other pins until I disconnect the din harness connector under the power junction box
but continuing to probe the yellow wire "in" the distribution box I have similar wonders like it has me beeping with ground wires black white brown and other colored wires so I believe what might be my problem is a grounded issue but past the pcm connector somewhere in the engine bay or otherwise

other tests ive disconnected the edis the blower maf air conditioning first din under the distro box etc ….but havnt found the culprit yet if any I mean the junction box is connected to the solenoid and there is buss bar in the box but im confused on what im supposed to look for with color coding if positive and negatives are colliding

the harness runs around the front frame of the radiator and such to the drivers side a larger operation im hoping its a sensor or ? before unraveling but im beginning to take apart the grill because my curiousity has me looking for the frey in the harness

yellow goes to the starter switch under the dash according to diagrams here its kind of a pita .. I replaced it once looking for no aux key power which doesn't work still but hard to imagine that starter plug is bad it starts idles gives codes its my top end that is surging and im hearing valve clatter from what might be premature detonations or insufficiencies of fuel

with all harness and electrical plugs the pcm connector show a lot of continuity from pin to pin cross talk checks and so forth yellow to black injector to injector etc....

"im still at work trying to diagnose if anyone has a more detailed sams for procedure or a diagram of the "" power distribution box sams or schematic post it """

it cannot live again and it cannot live again frankentranny without electricity

im trying to figure why so many pins are beeping to ground for instance when the connector is plugged into the pcm pins 58 and 59 are beeping there injector lines so im pretty sure its why im getting poor performance

Attachments

Last edited:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I believe you have confused yourself, and us. Let's start over from the beginning.

What year, model, engine, transmission, etc.

What is the problem you are trying to diagnose?

If you have an electrical problem, you will need to take actual voltage and maybe resistance readings with your meter, not just listen for a beep signalling continuity. There are some people here who can help lead you through a troubleshooting procedure. But we need some meaningful information from you.

smegun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford explorer
Transmission
Automatic
94 explorer xlt 4.0 ohv vin x automatic 4x4 a4ld the pdf is to show differences in the wireing for sequential

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just as a heads up

If your positive battery cable is disconnected, make sure it is isolated, not touching any Metal, or all 12volt connections will show as grounded, because they are

Also the alternator can show up as a Ground when its OFF, so disconnect B+ wire and unplug the 3 wire connector

smegun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford explorer
Transmission
Automatic
your right all check yea that could be me duh thanks ill be looking …. I had problems with the crank sensor getting it running I reverted to my old original one it started the truck I have been cleaning up my grounds along the body shell also I was wondering which component /sensor has the ability to short to ground …. appreciate it disconnected battery neg and pos put bat on charger im going to get some plastic baggies …

hard to find a diagram of the power distro itself

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals