• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Post your tow rigs here!!!

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Like I alluded to before, that isn't typical milage for a 6.4 anyway. They usually get at least twice that.
I know. I was responding more to the people that complain how emissions ruin mileage. The Macks and Volvos at my terminal are all on the same standards.

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
The Tow Rig and sometimes the DD. Currently the DD

'03 F250 (with 350 Springs) 7.3L Diesel 6spd. 35s.
The usual: Turbo, Banks Intercooler, 4" stright pipe, DP Tuner, Stealth HPOP, Southbend Clutch, Intake...
Just need fuel system and injectors :D
I love this truck. It replaced my duramax. I found out i am a ford guy. but i gave the GM a try

Winter Tires and Wheels (285s/75/16s)

What she sounds like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfdWFPGAZE

And i drive 28-32k miles a yr. Fuel costs wont stop me from drivin the trucks!

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Two of many "tow" rigs I drive now.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Seriously? I haven't even spent $1,200 on fuel this year, and that's through about 500 gallons of fuel, and around 8,000 miles. To spend that much money, figuring the average cost of diesel in the last year was $2.41, that means they'd have to have burned over 6200 gallons of diesel. Figure 14mpg average, that'd mean they drove 87,100 miles EACH.

I would really question these folks' credibility.
they each make well over 100 grand a year tho...
and trust me their durms are not fuel effeciant at all but they are very fast and good offroad.
one of them is on one of my build threads. first pic. and 80,000km is probably a low estimate. and their trucks get more like 8-12. all are jacked up. plus, the one brother, was owed for 2 months of work(they are family owned and operated pole building framers) and i watched his mom write a check for 57 grand. and i helped his dad spant 60 grand on ritchie bros buyin zoom booms from arizona i think... some southern state.
his bank balance is always 100g's +
truck of 1:

those are 40s and that truck is still funtionally a 4wd. no fag 2wd lifts. or gas milage haha
both his bros are runnin 37's and his dad has stock wheels and tires on his dually but he puts on over 250,000 km a year in that truck. its an 07 he bought in 08 and it has 270,000 km. and he has taken it hunting. haha that was funny.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why is it that everyone in the military talks about fighting for our freedoms. Unless you were in the military in the early 1940's, you simply fought for US interests.
That is about the most uninformed statement I have ever heard. Would you like to break it dwon war by war with me?

During WW2 Churchill was constantly worried about the prospect of the Soviet Union not returning territories it was liberating from Nazi Germany to their rightful owners. Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine...the list is extremely long. I have Bulgarian friends my age that were raised in Communist Bulgaria. They are both PhDs working at Ford right now--because communism collapsed and their freedom was restored.

Korea and Vietnam were both fought to contain communism. Neither country had a single resource of other interest for us. They were fought to contain communism. 90,000 Americans perished in those two wars. You cannot expect a western type of victory--but both of those wars did prove to be victories in the grand scheme. They demonstrated to the Soviets that they could not win a conventional war. They distracted the Soviets from becoming an economic power--and that fact led to their eventual collapse, less than 20 years after the end of the Vietnam War. That's a spit in a bucket--it's been over 19 years since I went to Iraq the first time.

China has learned the lesson that the Soviets did not--military power is second to economic power. China has, since the Vietnam War, focused primarily on her economic strength. China owns most of our national debt in fact. We hate each others guts, but are tied together by the US debt.

Moving forward, the Middle East wars look like simple oil wars, but they are not. The fact is, those countries NEED to sell their oil to survive. Oil has almost nothing to do with it. They cannot NOT sell their oil to us, anymore than we can cannot BUY it from them. In fact, it's worse for them. We DO have other options. They know this. If they were to get stubborn enough, they would make the other options economically viable and cut their own throat. It's simple economics. They wield no power with their oil because selling it is necessary for their own survival--and they are in debt inspite of their oil.

The interesting thing about these two conflicts--Iraq and A-stan, is that Obama is elected and suddenly no longer talking about pulling out. He took office, suddenly was confronted with the real facts and is quadripoling the forces in A-stan. A-stan means absolutely nothing to American interests unless you are interested in importing opium. What it is--it's the hathery of the new world threat--terrorists. I don't have to tell you the damage that will be caused if this threat isn't addressed. It took a few guys with box cutters to wipe out the World Trade Center. It hasn't happened since because those guys you sneer at are actually out there protecting us. There is no comfortable spots for terrorists--our guys are chasing them with every means available to keep us safe. They are doing it 8,000 miles away. That's better than the firefighters and EMTs cleaning it up right here.

Every morning that you wake up and don't read about several hundered Americans dying in a stadium or building or on a bridge or whatever--it's because Americans wearing camoflauge utilities and carrying rifles are stalking out the caves and hiding places of the assholes trying to plan, and praying for, our demise. Those assholes have gone from living in condos and convincing ignorant young aimless youths to give their lives for a distorted and immoral enterprise, to living in caves like hunted rats. 8 years and no repeats--that safety was bought by the human lives of the people you spurn.

America, since the Spanish American War, has always gone to war with the noblest of intentions. It has to be, because it ALWAYS requires congresses approval. Congress always has the power to do anything they want. They have to be convinced that a war is necessary for it to continue. YOU don't have to be convinced though. But you might be if you studied on it. If you were forced to vote on it, and someone on your staff delivered the facts to you, you would have a different opinion.

Myself--I consider your signature to be completely uninformed and out of line and I am asking you to remove it.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That is about the most uninformed statement I have ever heard. Would you like to break it dwon war by war with me?

During WW2 Churchill was constantly worried about the prospect of the Soviet Union not returning territories it was liberating from Nazi Germany to their rightful owners. Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine...the list is extremely long. I have Bulgarian friends my age that were raised in Communist Bulgaria. They are both PhDs working at Ford right now--because communism collapsed and their freedom was restored.

Korea and Vietnam were both fought to contain communism. Neither country had a single resource of other interest for us. They were fought to contain communism. 90,000 Americans perished in those two wars. You cannot expect a western type of victory--but both of those wars did prove to be victories in the grand scheme. They demonstrated to the Soviets that they could not win a conventional war. They distracted the Soviets from becoming an economic power--and that fact led to their eventual collapse, less than 20 years after the end of the Vietnam War. That's a spit in a bucket--it's been over 19 years since I went to Iraq the first time.

China has learned the lesson that the Soviets did not--military power is second to economic power. China has, since the Vietnam War, focused primarily on her economic strength. China owns most of our national debt in fact. We hate each others guts, but are tied together by the US debt.

Moving forward, the Middle East wars look like simple oil wars, but they are not. The fact is, those countries NEED to sell their oil to survive. Oil has almost nothing to do with it. They cannot NOT sell their oil to us, anymore than we can cannot BUY it from them. In fact, it's worse for them. We DO have other options. They know this. If they were to get stubborn enough, they would make the other options economically viable and cut their own throat. It's simple economics. They wield no power with their oil because selling it is necessary for their own survival--and they are in debt inspite of their oil.

The interesting thing about these two conflicts--Iraq and A-stan, is that Obama is elected and suddenly no longer talking about pulling out. He took office, suddenly was confronted with the real facts and is quadripoling the forces in A-stan. A-stan means absolutely nothing to American interests unless you are interested in importing opium. What it is--it's the hathery of the new world threat--terrorists. I don't have to tell you the damage that will be caused if this threat isn't addressed. It took a few guys with box cutters to wipe out the World Trade Center. It hasn't happened since because those guys you sneer at are actually out there protecting us. There is no comfortable spots for terrorists--our guys are chasing them with every means available to keep us safe. They are doing it 8,000 miles away. That's better than the firefighters and EMTs cleaning it up right here.

Every morning that you wake up and don't read about several hundered Americans dying in a stadium or building or on a bridge or whatever--it's because Americans wearing camoflauge utilities and carrying rifles are stalking out the caves and hiding places of the assholes trying to plan, and praying for, our demise. Those assholes have gone from living in condos and convincing ignorant young aimless youths to give their lives for a distorted and immoral enterprise, to living in caves like hunted rats. 8 years and no repeats--that safety was bought by the human lives of the people you spurn.

America, since the Spanish American War, has always gone to war with the noblest of intentions. It has to be, because it ALWAYS requires congresses approval. Congress always has the power to do anything they want. They have to be convinced that a war is necessary for it to continue. YOU don't have to be convinced though. But you might be if you studied on it. If you were forced to vote on it, and someone on your staff delivered the facts to you, you would have a different opinion.

Myself--I consider your signature to be completely uninformed and out of line and I am asking you to remove it.
Communism was not a threat to the US. It was an interest of the US government to contain it. This country has not been attacked by a military since Pearl Harbor.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
And in case you are concerned, I am the guy I am "sneering " at. 25B

Deamers87ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is my brothers truck he was helping my pick up my 4.0 ranger

dan24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ahh great to see majority fords!!
here is my dads rig, he refuses to mod it because he loves his factory fords :p

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
New truck. Massaging seat and all!!!!

2010 International ProStar Premium. With the IHC engine thank you very much. Awesome truck but the gear ratio's confuse the older guys. They are really close.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual

M88A2 Hercules with another Herc in tow. she weighs in at 70 tons, is clearly capable of towing another 70 tons. the main winch is 70 tons constant pull. and the boom can lift 35 tons. she'll pull an Abrams through anything and up just about any slope like its not even there.

M1070 tractor and M1000 trailer together make up whats knows as the HETS (heavy equipment transport system) the system was designed for movement of the M1 Abrams she's got two 55 Ton winches mounted on the back of the tractor used to load a disabled track. under the hood is a 736 CID 8V92 Detroit, yes sir that is a two stroke! she's got planetary hubs to help lighten the load on the drive train and the rear tridem is air ride. very capable truck, the thing i hate about it though is that it is air ride. I've had to rear tow this tractor before and its time consuming to dump all 6 bags and chain the axles up independently before lifting.

M984A1 this is my personal favorite to drive and operate. Easily the most capable recovery vehicle in the us arsenal. she shares the same 736 CID detroit as the HET above but is able to pull twice what the HET can without the planetary hubs. The biggest thing i have pulled with her was a HETS with an Abrams loaded on the trailer. i did it without using low range, i did it without locking the axles, and i did it without putting her in 8x8. This has been my DD for the last 8 months. :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals