• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

possibly short need help!

85mustangman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My 94 ranger with an 01 5.0 with 01 wiring and pcm may have cooked its second pcm. It lost connectivity with the first pcm so i replaced it and it worked. well the yesterday i was tuning it the tuner cut out and it no longer has connectivity. I checked everything and cannot find any shorts but when the ignition is on i am getting .2 volts at ground and it seems to pulse. any ideas would be helpful. I am not sure if the tuner messed up and i have no connectivity due to a partially flashed pcm or if there may be a short that cooked it. The odd thing is i have 0.0 at the engine, engine ground and frame grounds but it reads .2 volts on the body and body grounds and i am using a power probe and the .2 volts seems to have a pulse to it and i cannot get it to change while moving wires or even removing fuses. what worries me is whe obd2 port also shows the .2 volts where it should have ground.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals