• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

possibly selling the BII, looking for some advice

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Hey guys, haven’t posted on the forum for a while now due to working on other car projects and school. The old 89 bronco ii has taken a backseat for the past few months and ive begun to think about selling it. In one of my previous posts on my profile I outlined a lot of the work I have done to its over the past few years but for simplicity's sake, ill give you a quick rundown of what’s going on. The truck runs perfectly fine but I’ve found that I don’t have as much time as I did last year to really enjoy it now with school picking up and it might be better served with someone else who can really use it and enjoy it as I have for years. I hate to even think about selling it because I’ve poured my heart and soul into the truck for the better part of 5 years now, but I figured before I make any decisions, I would ask the trusty forum what I should do for pricing if I go that route.

The good- The truck is mostly rust-free with only superficial rust on the driver’s fender well, all other rust and rot I have patched and or fixed in the past. The body has roughly 75k on it, same with the axles and frame. It has a 6’’ BDS lift and 32’’ tires as well as extended brake lines and fox 2.0 shocks. I rebuilt the motor last year from the crank up and swapped in a manual transmission and t-case a few years back out of a ranger. The truck has become quite a Frankenstein of different years of bronco ii and ranger parts, some coming from the first truck I had in high school (85 ranger STX). I replaced both the engine and under dash wiring looms with OEM ford new old stock harnesses, swapped the computer, put in a new carpet, and lots of other aesthetic changes to the truck. I have replaced just about every sensor, welded up a new exhaust, revamped the underhood cooling and charging systems, replaced the clutch, flywheel, PP and all that with the new engine, etc etc etc. I could go on forever naming every little thing I have changed or replaced. The point being, if you can name it I have probably either replaced it, modified it, or overhauled it to the best of my ability.

The bad- the dash is not complete around the steering column, so you can see wires, I simply broke the plastic cover when replacing the key assembly and never got another. The column still has the auto trans shifter on it, because it never bothered me and is amusing to see passengers' faces when they ask if it is an automatic or stick shift. The back interior panels were removed to repaint the floor and got damaged, so I threw them out, again never bothered me so I never got replacements, same for the headliner, for about a year I was convinced I would chop the top but that never happened. The only dash light is the ABS sensor due to some sort of proprietary process needed to reset the proportioning valve after I replaced it. The whole brake system is new and functions completely fine. Truthfully the only things wrong with the truck are the pieced-together nature of it and the lovely bedliner paint job. Its not a show truck by any means but I still love it dearly.

All that being said I have easily put more than $10,000 into it over the years in parts, motors, modifications etc, and I never expected to make that money back. My question is 1: what can I realistically ask for the truck?, and 2: Am I better off with a local sale or trying my hand at ebay motors and possibly shipping it to someone?. Again I have not made up my mind if I will sell it but if I do I figured if anyone would know what these things are worth it would be the guys here at the ranger station. I’m not trying to use TRS as a platform to promote and or sell the truck I am just looking for some advice.
-Jon

Attachments

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Welp. I'd keep it of it were me. My b2 isn't near as nice as yours but it means the world to me. No one else will appreciate the new carpet as much as you will. Or any of the work you did. Honestly with something like this ya never get back what you spent. We all know this but what your time worth to you. If you enjoy it then keep it. Doesn't eat much sitting in the corner I haven't started my b2 in quite awhile (which reminds me). I'm working on a house of my own and right now hopefully get to close on a place this month or next and maybe who knows I'll get back to wrenching on it. But it isn't burning the house down so why sell it?

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Welp. I'd keep it of it were me. My b2 isn't near as nice as yours but it means the world to me. No one else will appreciate the new carpet as much as you will. Or any of the work you did. Honestly with something like this ya never get back what you spent. We all know this but what your time worth to you. If you enjoy it then keep it. Doesn't eat much sitting in the corner I haven't started my b2 in quite awhile (which reminds me). I'm working on a house of my own and right now hopefully get to close on a place this month or next and maybe who knows I'll get back to wrenching on it. But it isn't burning the house down so why sell it?
thank you for the compliment man, my bronco is kind of a turd but I do have some pictures that make it look nice. it's not that I need to get rid of the truck this instant but I am looking at changing my housing arrangements and having an extra vehicle could be problematic. I would like to get at least 5k for it at the lowest but I hear what you're saying about not getting my money back. I would just hate to sell it and have some kid trash it, because honestly I know I would have if I had it in high school. If I do sell it I want it to go to someone who can appreciate it as I do.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Shit if you sell it for 5k I'll buy it, Just gimme time to recoup some cash after buying a house. Ha ha I'll road trip mine to yours and bring my brother to drive one back lol. But to me I'd pay to store my b2 for a year or two if I had to till I got it figured out.

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
went out to start the truck and move it into the garage and guess what? the ICM decided to go out on me, friggin ford EFI systems man. good thing I have enough parts in my shop to rebuild the whole truck 2x over. this is why I say it's not just horded junk, it's parts waiting to be utilized. I swear that thing only acts up when I threaten to sell it.

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It's talking to you, man. It got used to your loving touch and don't wanna go........

-Jazzer

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Can't sell me if I don't run! Lol

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift

I remember when I bought this thing for almsot nothing becasue the yard said it had a cracked block, turned out to just be a loose oil pressure sender squirting oil everywhere. I was so happy I wouldnt need to spend money for a new engine or major repairs..........6 years, multiple engines, a tranny swap, and a lift kit later and I still feel like I made out ok.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I've been hoping to find a decently clean 4.0 swapped twinstick BII.

Good luck figuring it all out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals