• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ported vacuum source?

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Can anyone recommend a good place to tap into a ported vacuum source?

I would like to see if my accelerator pump bypass switch is still good, however all the Smog stuff has been removed and most, if not all of the
colored vacuum lines have been cut and melted closed.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

John Smith

Reaction score
the ported vaccuum ia generally

Can anyone recommend a good place to tap into a ported vacuum source?

I would like to see if my accelerator pump bypass switch is still good, however all the Smog stuff has been removed and most, if not all of the
colored vacuum lines have been cut and melted closed.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

on the "passenger-side" carb base, just forward of, and level with the throttle shaft. Sometimes it's a threaded opening with a barb, but generally is a nipple sticking out...

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I will take a look see if that is present on my carb. Thank you :)

John Smith

Reaction score
It just checked some 2150A's...

Ok, I will take a look see if that is present on my carb. Thank you :)
the original carb on a TFI 2.8L, and the ported vacuum port is not where it is on a regular 2150...perhaps they don't actually have a ported vac source..I've never bothered to look down the venturi for it. (tiny bleeder holes above the throttle plates)

I never gave that much thought since I either work on a non-feedback 2150 or preferably a 2100 which came with a ported vacuum source for Diz use and etc...

best wishes..

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Would this help with MPG's at all? Im am currently getting 10mpg now. My truck runs great but gas prices just hit $3.99 and need a way to get it to do better mileage. I have a carb on mine from a 3.8 cougar that has the accelerator pump bypass on it.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I dont believe the feedback carb had a ported vacuum nipple on it all of the controls were run by solenoids. There are only three places on the normal 2150 carbs that ported vac were, both sides of the idle air screws and next to the throttle shaft on the passenger side. to see if it works just plug it into manifold vacuum it should shut down the accelerator pump.

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Would this help with MPG's at all? Im am currently getting 10mpg now. My truck runs great but gas prices just hit $3.99 and need a way to get it to do better mileage. I have a carb on mine from a 3.8 cougar that has the accelerator pump bypass on it.
I am hoping it will!! I get between 10 and 12mpg. I read somewhere on this site that it will improve MPGs slightly and every bit counts! Seems like fuel injection conversion improves it best, one person on the 2.8 FI conversion thread said he gets 21mpg :-O

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
the original carb on a TFI 2.8L, and the ported vacuum port is not where it is on a regular 2150...perhaps they don't actually have a ported vac source..I've never bothered to look down the venturi for it. (tiny bleeder holes above the throttle plates)

I never gave that much thought since I either work on a non-feedback 2150 or preferably a 2100 which came with a ported vacuum source for Diz use and etc...

best wishes..
How do I determine which I have? Besides searching it for the stamp, it is a motorcraft i can see that without trying:D

I will take a look see and see if model# is in obvious place.

John Smith

Reaction score
I think generally..

How do I determine which I have? Besides searching it for the stamp, it is a motorcraft i can see that without trying:D

I will take a look see and see if model# is in obvious place.
the 2100's generally have a flat top carb air horn and open fuel bowl ventilation generally, and the 2150's have a rounded/top corner appearance over the fuel bowl. also the bowl vent tubes are smaller on a 2100. 70-72 thru the 80's 2150's became the "Motor-craft...before that they were manufactured as "Auto-lite". There are many good sites that talk about this..

Also since many have been "re-manufactured" since, many parts have been probably interchanged as well as having some cheaper "re-pro" parts added...(throttle shafts, fuel bowls etc..)

I think a .98 Venturi 2100 would be a good carb to start with for fuel mileage..if you can find one..(from an early 60's 221 v-8)...

If I didn't have a good carb, here's what I'd buy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-221-FORD-FALCON-FAIRLANE-AUTOLITE-2100-98-C3OF-C-CARBURETOR-/251008581162?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a7146fe2a

2100's never came originally in the 50's or early 60's with any smog accessories..a very simple carb...

a good pictorial reference site...

http://www.mustangtek.com/2100/ford2100.html

http://www.mustangtek.com/2100/images/D0OF-T_03.jpg

http://www.mustangtek.com/2100/images/C2OF-R_01.jpg

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
The sure tell between a 2100 and the 2150 is the choke pull off is mounted on the back of the carb on the 2150.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Other than plugging all the vacuum leaks the wet float adjustment is criticle. You can run the engine with the top of the carb you want 3/4 of an inch from the top of the float bowl to the center of the fuel in the bowl not on the edge.

rezmedic

EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
mine sure is a 2150 feedback carb.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals