• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Poor idle and power loss, KOEO code 18

hoverfish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Starting last week I had a sudden loss of power in my 88 BII. I was driving my daily commute and I noticed it started slowing down. I lost enough power I had to drop to 4th to keep above 60 MPH. At hot idle it runs rough, cold idle is fine. Power loss doesn't matter cold or hot - I have poor acceleration and I have to stay in 4th no matter what.

I get KOEO code 18 which has to do with loss of tach input? I also have KOER code 41 I think is a lean condition from the O2 sensor? I've wiggled all the connectors I could find underhood and that didn't make a difference. Where is the ECU (if that's even the terminology used on these things!) located, and what's my best course of action to troubleshoot?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals