• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pics of my rig

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
They cable won't cause a draw, they can cause voltage drop due to high resistance. They get corrosion built up inside the cable. If tested with a ohm meter they can still test good. That's why you need to check for voltage drop.

BattleBeater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have any particular insight on your wiring, but I just wanted to say, this is a really sharp truck! Do you autocross it by chance?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't have any particular insight on your wiring, but I just wanted to say, this is a really sharp truck! Do you autocross it by chance?
Thanks for the compliment! I do autocross it, at least when it's running right. I haven't had the chance to run it through the cones with the new built/boosted engine and 5 speed though. I'll keep chipping away at the electrical issue until it's fixed. I think when it's all figured out and runs right it will be a blast!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Update:

I broke down and took it to the dealer yesterday. 2 hours later, they had it fixed. The 42Pin connector that joins the engine harness to the chassis harness was plugged in, but I guess I forgot to tighten the bolt that secures the two halves together, and the connection was bad. :iamwithstupid:

I'm going to drive it for awhile to confirm everything is working normally, and then I'll take a little road trip to put it on a dyno and get the tune dialed in right.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry man, no major updates. Life has been complicated lately and my garage is too small and cold to allow working on the truck over the winter. I drive the truck periodically on nice days, and have a few hundred miles on it now with no problems though. It's been a lot of fun for a conservative tune with little or no timing. I've got a buddy building a 2.3t right now, and we may make a trip to the dyno together sometime in the next couple of months once we get little things buttoned up.

I did get some carbon fiber racing seats, and I have the drivers seat installed, but need to get the matching passenger seat set up the next time I have a free warm weather day. I'll post pics of the seats when I have a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Can't wait for the updates, especially the dyno results. Looking forward to it!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Me too! Here are a couple of pics of the seats as promised.

Procar Evolution with the real carbon fiber backs and black cloth/vinyl.

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Love the truck! Love the build! Boiler Up! Are you a grad?

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Curious as to how those seats are. I need good seats in my buggy but i need small narrow ones

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Love the truck! Love the build! Boiler Up! Are you a grad?
Thank you! I started in West Lafayette, but life intervened, and I had to finish up in Indianapolis @ IUPUI. My degree says Purdue, but I don't know if I can claim to be a Boiler as much as most people.

Curious as to how those seats are. I need good seats in my buggy but i need small narrow ones
The seats themselves are miles better than the stock bench at keeping me in one spot. They seem high quality, and theyre comfortable too. I had the chance to sit in them prior to buying, and Id suggest trying to do that to be sure you'll fit, but I couldn't be happier with the seats.

I do have 2 complaints though.
1. The sliders that come with the seats are ok, but not as nice as the factory sliders.
2. Their seats are designed in a way that makes mounting kind of difficult. My factory seats were kind of channelled down onto the stock rails, so that the brackets bolted to the seat about 2 inches up inside the seat bottom which kept the seats low. The Procars are not setup like that, and the mounts are on the bottom surface instead of "inside" the seat bottom like stock. Even though these are almost identical dimensions to the stock seats, this essentially raises the seat an inch or two. They sell specific seat brackets designed for a Ranger, but they are very tall, and didnt appear to improve headroom at all. I chose to skip buying their seat brackets, and just modified the stock rails instead. Im 6'2", and my head is really close to the headliner now. I should make some custom low-profile brackets someday, but didnt have the space or time to worry about that. Even with the higher seating position though, they're a significant improvement over the stock bench.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Installed pics:

Last edited:

1qaz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Thank you! I started in West Lafayette, but life intervened, and I had to finish up in Indianapolis @ IUPUI. My degree says Purdue, but I don't know if I can claim to be a Boiler as much as most people.

The seats themselves are miles better than the stock bench at keeping me in one spot. They seem high quality, and theyre comfortable too. I had the chance to sit in them prior to buying, and Id suggest trying to do that to be sure you'll fit, but I couldn't be happier with the seats.

I do have 2 complaints though.
1. The sliders that come with the seats are ok, but not as nice as the factory sliders.
2. Their seats are designed in a way that makes mounting kind of difficult. My factory seats were kind of channelled down onto the stock rails, so that the brackets bolted to the seat about 2 inches up inside the seat bottom which kept the seats low. The Procars are not setup like that, and the mounts are on the bottom surface instead of "inside" the seat bottom like stock. Even though these are almost identical dimensions to the stock seats, this essentially raises the seat an inch or two. They sell specific seat brackets designed for a Ranger, but they are very tall, and didnt appear to improve headroom at all. I chose to skip buying their seat brackets, and just modified the stock rails instead. Im 6'2", and my head is really close to the headliner now. I should make some custom low-profile brackets someday, but didnt have the space or time to worry about that. Even with the higher seating position though, they're a significant improvement over the stock bench.
I loved my time at Purdue!...EE class of '94. Also, those racing seats look great and definitely upgrade the look of the interior.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I'm happy with them so far. Boiler Up!

SgtGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Still looking
Make / Model
Going to be a e
Engine Size
Possible 347 on the bottle
Transmission
Automatic
Just read this entire thread. Your truck is awesome. And has given me the motivation to get started on my project truck. Have you done the dyno tune yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals