• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked up a house in Temecula, CA, High Desert !?!

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Picked up a house in Temecula, CA

Put an offer in, expected it to take forever to get Fanny Mae to accept but it went quick and they accepted my low ball offer.

The House:

I missed something.

You ordered custom front and rear bumpers?

Nice Grev.
These are waiting to be installed, both from C4x4 in OK.

The BackRack has been stripped and has been primed and the first coat of paint applied, need another coat but a little too windy to do now !

Ordered 4.56 gear of true EDGE and an OX Locker for the rear.
Found an 8.8, 31 spline, large tube axle will need to set that up then swap it in.
Also need to add the adjusting bolts to the front end at the same time.

Then I can start on the electric door conversion, power windows, locks and '06 mirrors.

The view from the front door:

The house is 2500 sq feet, built in 2009 and foreclosed on in 2011 no one living in there for the last twelve months. When the people left they took a few of the utilities with them and tried to screw up the furnishing for the next person.

10 acres of land, a few coyotes and rattlers but it should be a new experience and a new chapter in our lives.

There will be a new shop too.
38 feet wide x 36 feet deep, sort of a large shed with a side bay.
Main building will be 28 x 36 12.5 wall with interior clearance of 14' and the side bay will be 10 x 36 x 9.5 wall
All steel, with a 12 x 12 main door and an 8 x 8 to the right of it still on the front.
A few windows, will have the building framed for two windows in each wall but on lt two windows on the right side with a passage door for right now.

Cupola and weather vane, always wanted a Cupola and weather vane and four panel type sky lights.

I am trying to download the picture but I can’t pick it up from their site.

The maker of the steel building will be Absolute Steel Building Kit; their Alpine Kit modified to my specs.
Can’t wait for the new place, new shop and new events in wine country SoCal.

When in Rome do as the Romans do, drink wine, eat well and be happy.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
only one of the pics is working for me, but the view out the front porch looks schweet!

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
The picture was there but I redid the link.
See if that works.

Nice area, all kind of rough terrain.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
NICE!!! Does it have water?
It has a well, 28gal/min, at least I think that is what I was told.
The well, the septic and the building will be certified before signing.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice indeed, congrats! Company wanted me to move to CO but just couldn't see leaving all the green and lakes here for 50% more. Cost of living was going to be a killer.
Dave

Chris_North

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That's a beautiful view you got yourself there. No more waking up to 2 1/2 feet of snow anymore either, haha.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
That's a beautiful view you got yourself there. No more waking up to 2 1/2 feet of snow anymore either, haha.
No snow is real and likable.
We will be hooking up with family so the overall cost wasn't really addressed but we are expecting a little increase.
I have a three years old tractor w/backhoe and front bucket and it will come in handy putting in the new shop, first thing for me and the tractor is the site prep and getting the power, water and gas underground to the garage.

I am excited about this, we may keep the Boston house but time will tell, I really don't want to be a landlord and we have had a few people ask about pricing and say they are interested and it has not hit the market yet... $$$ ?

The views are great, can't wait for the framers porch to be added to the front and the outdoor kitchen... Oh ya the new shop too !

Last edited:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Boston to California desert! :icon_surprised:

What are ya gonna do with all that extra 100 miles of front yard to ride around on :yahoo:

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Boston to California desert! :icon_surprised:

What are ya gonna do with all that extra 100 miles of front yard to ride around on :yahoo:
I couldn't think of anywhere in the continental US that was further away... and of course our daughter lives there.
She is married and Gran kid in the near future.

There is a 2 acre area, mostly flat but a slight grade too and it will lend itself for grape vine rental... Vineyards will rent property in this area and raise grapes and harvest the crop, depending on the market for grapes they will deduct the costs and give us the profits... maybe free wine.
The rest of the 10 acres are for fun, not really anything else.

Last edited:

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats really cool. You will be out by me. Have lived in Temecula for 25 years. Starting to get HOT out here. Soon it will be 100-105 summers. Think I have seen that house a few times .

Oh and Temecula is not in the High Desert. Its Closer to the Low Desert but that is still east of Temecula by the Salton Sea.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Thats really cool. You will be out by me. Have lived in Temecula for 25 years. Starting to get HOT out here. Soon it will be 100-105 summer. Think I have seen that house a few times .

Oh and Temecula is not in the High Desert. Its Closer to the Low Desert but that is still east of Temecula by the Salton Sea.
Thanks for the info, I thought I was told “High D” but I have a lot to learn about the place.

How long do the HOT days stay around ?
I heard a couple of months then back to the 80 degree mark.
I have been there in the fall, in the winter and in the spring but never the summer… I love the weather in the other seasons summer is yet to be experienced.
I think I can trade off the five or six months of snow and cold weather in the Northeast for a little hot weather, I will learn to cope and there is A/C.

When you enter Ramuda (sp) Rd the house is high and on the right over looking a lot of the area.
What else do I need to know about the area ?
Are there any building restrictions out there ?
I want to put in the Shop I mentioned but haven’t even talked to anyone yet.
How do the people in the area adjust to new people coming in ?
I am still in MA and need to get started out there.

Thanks for the comments, keep me in line.
I have 20 years on you, higher years, I hope we can get together and talk trucks and the lay of the land ?

ltr

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Scrambler82

Hot days have been July through September for the last 10 years or so. Starts to cool down alot after that 70 -80 till October then in the really nice 60-75 till spring time whenit starts to get warm again. It's not to bad the 3 months its really hot. Just pump up the A/C for a bit.

Yes I have been out that way and seen that house before. There is a really nice "Trailer Park" on alake that serves as a summer getaway for camping and fishing near the turnoff to your road.

Most definatly you will be able to put a shop on the property. especially if itis a "prefab" nice looking building. No restrictions on that that I know of People are pretty good about new people. Just keep your property kinda cleaned up and I think that goes a long way.

I live in the city you will just about pass my place on the way in and out of yours. Sure can get together when you get out here.

Bryan

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
10 acres of land, a few coyotes and rattlers but it should be a new experience and a new chapter in our lives.
Pretty cool !! Hope you get to be "The Official Sampler" of the wines procurred from the grapes grown on your property :icon_thumby:

dinosore

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hows the heat right now with the all time highs. Wish I had a place in the desert...been looking in Yucca but jobs for me are hard to find out there. Congrats though on your new castle

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals